Hello from Western Washington, new TJ owner

henryamend

Hey guys! Just bought my first Jeep the other day. It's a 2002 SE model with the 2.5L engine paired to the 5spd manual. Came with a hard top, 2 soft tops, and 2 different bikini tops. It's heavily modified (racks, bumpers, lights, etc.) with 189XXX mostly highway miles. Got it for around $5K. Surprisingly, it is currently on XD rims with Nitto 33's and NOT lifted at all. So, my first step is to do a minor lift/level. I read the thread on lifting, and wondered if any driveline modifications are needed/required for running 2-3" of lift? I am on a budget here, and really don't want to deal with driveline stuff.
Opinions?
Thanks!

8DAB605F-5F45-44F7-BF4C-3F86CDC3C28F.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

For a 2" lift, all you need is springs and shocks. At 3" though, you'll want adjustable control arms, adjustable track bars, shocks, springs, a CV driveshaft, and a SYE. Check out the TJ Resources. I've organized all the most informational threads into that section that will greatly assist you (y)

Welcome to the group! Since Vasq and Squatch are representing Everett, I'll say hey from Whidbey Island. Too bad Olympic 4x4 closed down you could have been our local connection.
I've heard they're shop is still open for work, they just sold off the land that was the wrecking yard. Like 4 mil, and it'll turn into apartments/condos :(
I was watching the online bidding for their yard like a hawk, but it was going for crazy prices. Had to buy "lots" which were pallets of similar items.

Reactions: Squatch
Welcome to the group! Since Vasq and Squatch are representing Everett, I'll say hey from Whidbey Island. Too bad Olympic 4x4 closed down you could have been our local connection.
The shop is still open, now called, Aaron's Olympic 4x4 i believe.

Reactions: Squatch
Hey guys! Just bought my first Jeep the other day. It's a 2002 SE model with the 2.5L engine paired to the 5spd manual. Came with a hard top, 2 soft tops, and 2 different bikini tops. It's heavily modified (racks, bumpers, lights, etc.) with 189XXX mostly highway miles. Got it for around $5K. Surprisingly, it is currently on XD rims with Nitto 33's and NOT lifted at all. So, my first step is to do a minor lift/level. I read the thread on lifting, and wondered if any driveline modifications are needed/required for running 2-3" of lift? I am on a budget here, and really don't want to deal with driveline stuff.
Opinions?
Thanks!

View attachment 182089
Holy shit you have a lot of tubes bolted onto your poor little jeep. If I'm seeing this correctly its, roll cage - exo "cage" - crossbars - to another set of foward/rear bars - another set of crossbars - to a rack that has more crossbars? Get yourself a socket set and start unbolting! you'll get like 20HP back.

• Haha
Reactions: Vasq and Squatch
Holy shit you have a lot of tubes bolted onto your poor little jeep. If I'm seeing this correctly its, roll cage - exo "cage" - crossbars - to another set of foward/rear bars - another set of crossbars - to a rack that has more crossbars? Get yourself a socket set and start unbolting! you'll get like 20HP back.
Wow, I hadn't seen the picture yet..

He's from your side of the trestle, that's for sure ;)

• Haha
Reactions: B00mb00m
Welcome from the four-season center of the state!
This forum is a great place for knowledge.
If you do take that plumbers nightmare off, it would make a great jungle gym for the kiddies! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Tomcat and Squatch