Hello. New to TJ old to CJ

Right on lowranger. Nice Pic Black bears everywhere glad you got one. Last year had a bear come to my place and rip down most of my 50 year old plum tree. I was/am not a happy camper. Bear and her cubs were eventually relocated after numerous complaints from the area. Positive is the part she never took down is coming back so maybe only have to wait another 10 years for plums again.

Hey Billiebob they would be nice to see. All I have is the 60 CJ6, 81 CJ8 Scrambler and Rusty the 84 CJ7. Girlfriend says enough but hey what do I have 2 acres for?
Thats one way to solve alot of problems. I'm gonna see how it goes hopefully get another couple of years out of the motor. I can dream can't I :)

Yep CJ6 was my biggest project and first, well other then the 77 CJ5 Levi edition with the 304. The CJ8 I bought from a guy at work as a project. He did a spring over and some other mods but it only has a half cab so being 6 ft 5 its a very tight fit with the non tilt steering. Its been sitting for the last two years waiting for me. And the CJ7 has a rusted out frame/body it was bought as a axle donor for the 8. Its is standard with the four cyl. I put some plywood in the floors and let my girlfriend's grandkids learn to drive and use a standard trans. Got some flatland. a steep hill and a wooded area on my property so they have a blast and you can see and hear what they are up too. :)

Hey Billiebob they would be nice to see. All I have is the 60 CJ6, 81 CJ8 Scrambler and Rusty the 84 CJ7. Girlfriend says enough but hey what do I have 2 acres for?
Thats one way to solve alot of problems. I'm gonna see how it goes hopefully get another couple of years out of the motor. I can dream can't I :)
I think the same way as you. We have 2 1/2 acres here and we get asked ...."why do you have so many vehicles"? I answer because we can. Plenty of room. We do use them all too.
I like the Scrambler....a friend of mine bought one new when they first came out. We both were running dogs for wild pigs. We used his Scrambler with a dog box in the back a lot. Great hunting rig! I bought a 1974 CJ-5 in 1976. I hunted and drove that Jeep as a daily driver for 13 years. Was hunting more with the dogs and needed more room and sold it and bought a Toyota pickup. Miss that old CJ-5. Before the CJ-5, when I got out of the service I bought a 1944 Flat fender to hunt out of. Great hunting rig when you finally got to where you were going to hunt. When I went to the 1944 to 1974, it was like driving a Cadillac.

I had my 5 when I was in the service. Kinda spoiled me when it came time to drive the M38A1 with the armstrong steering and little 4 banger. My1977 CJ5 Renegade had the 304 and power steering.
Now to be truthful after seeing pics of the new 4dr jeep pickup I think I'm in love :)
Maybe go back to a diesel would be nice. I had a MJ with the 2.1 litre turbo diesel. Some say it was underpowered with the french engine but I had no problem driving from Vancouver to just north of Kamloops on the Coqahalia hwy (Highway to Hell I thinks it called on TV now) with a 1957 200 amp Lincoln welder in the back. Ya one of the big ones with the 4 cyl continental engines. Got a little warm on the inclines but hey it made it :)

Always got my eye out for a flat fender barn/yard find. That would be going back to my jeep roots. My dad has a 40 something ford gpw that has been hacked and wacked with a pontiac 8 cyl and a full metal roof and the side where the doors are cut to the floor. But you can still see the Ford script on the back. We did lots of "wheeling when I was a young one as the provincial rd system was not as it is today ;)

IMG_1742.JPG

Reactions: Kathy and Squatch
I just got through fixing up my second Suzuki Samurai. The first one I fixed up, I sold it about 6 years ago, sorry I did. So I looked and looked and found one that was pretty clean. Bought it last year in August. Made a winter project out of it and had it done in time for our Deer season in August of this year. Great little hunting rigs. Reminds me a lot of the old military Jeeps (size wise). They are quiet..small, get around the hills great.. good for small tight places. Like a street legal side by side. A lot of after market stuff available for it. Some of our roads on the ranch can get pretty narrow.

Ya the Suzuki craze is pretty big up here. Lots of guys like'm for the same reasons :) Some have even done the VW diesel swap. They're abit on the small size for me. My neighbor/brother inlaw likes the Subaru Sambar right hand drive 4wd trucks for the same reason. Here it is with "Rusty"
IMG_4999.JPG

Thanks guys. Those smiles are what makes it all worth while.

Sorry MI, Its gonna take a _ _ _ _ load of bondo to fix that machine. But you know whats funny, its the only one running right now