Help adjusting or fixing automatic shifter linkage

Tjrubicon

Something clever
Supporting Member
I have run into an issue and need some advice. I replaced my rear driveshaft with an Adams today and after I was finished I went to drive the Jeep and the shifter felt stiffer but went into drive and I drove off. Well I went to turn around and realized the shifter would not go into 2nd or 1st and was easily jumping into neutral. I then had trouble getting it into park. I moved it around and it then moved to 2nd but still not like usual. My biggest concern is how easy it moves from drive to neutral to reverse without pushing the button now. Never done this before. Any idea how to resolve this? I removed the shifter and the white beaded insert was still solid and would not come out. I then removed the console and watched the linkage move there and under the Jeep but I saw nothing blocking or causing the issue. Thanks everyone.

Nothing else done, just replaced the driveshaft?
That’s all. I did put the shifter in neutral a couple times to rotate drive shaft to get a better angle to loosen some bolts and again to tighten the knew ones. Then slid it back to park with Parking brake on to tighten them.