Help determining correct Dana 30 pinion seal

TJistheway

Supporting Member
Hey guys! I am new here. I've been lurking for a while and have gotten a ton of useful info and inspiration from the site already so thanks!

I have a specific question so figured I should go ahead and create a profile. After extensive searching, I can't find a definite answer and am hoping someone here can help.

Planning to service the front Dana 30 diff on a my 2002 TJ SE. Doing the leaking pinion seal and plan to pull the carrier to do the two inner seals because its never been done and I am sure they are shot and I know its leaking at the hub on the passenger side. I want to use Spicer seals but after scouring the forums and interwebs, I am having trouble verifying 100 percent which Spicer pinion seal I need.

Questions:
• Can anyone confirm if I need part 44895 or part 50660 ? Or some other Spicer seal I maybe overlooked?
I may just order both but am down to one vehicle at the moment so don't want to tear it down and be stuck if those two both are wrong.

• Also if possible can anyone verify if 46470 is correct for the 2 inner shaft seals?

I'm embarrassed to admit that I have owned my little TJ since 2009 and just discovered how helpful forums can be! I definitely owe the old girl some love and attention but I am starting with important maintenance first. In the last two months, i've done new shocks and a new steering damper, coil spring isolators, sway bar links front and rear, new water pump, serviced the rear diff and replaced the leaking pinion seal there and installed Dana 35 lube locker gasket. Also replaced U-joints in the rear drive shaft. Aesthetically, I made some minor repairs to worn out components and installed IGGEE seat covers. Nothing crazy but all long overdue.

Next up along with the front diff service and seals is: Timken hub bearing assemblies, Spicer ball joints, Spicer 5-760X front u-joints at the hubs, front driveshaft u-joints, Crown HD steering upgrade kit, front track bar replacement, 1" H&R spring lift, 1.25" Savvy body lift. Again nothing crazy but my 31x10.50's rub a little bit and I want to fix that.

Couple of photos attached. One is the very first pic, I took of the jeep when I got it in 2009. The other is what it looks like now.

02' JW Exterior.JPG

June 2022.jpg

Reactions: kincaid.0678