Help Diagnosing Engine Knock

This is what mine sounds like after I did a bottle of Marvel Mystery Oil... I haven't heard another Jeep ticking this bad yet 😬

I know this is dated, but wondering if you dug further. That's dead on what mine sounds like and forgiving anyone that's read the entire thread, I've replaced:
Oil Pump Drive Assembly
New Head
New lifters, push-rods, etc.

I'm 100% certain the timing chain needs a reboot (I'm at 285K+ at the moment) and the shop agrees it's piston slap, so I'm looking for a rebuild.

Actually I came here today to see if anyone had good recommends on a rebuild kit?

As the engine mounts need replacing, I'm actually wondering if I should just swap the engine altogether or do the rebuild myself.

Either way, I'm currently leaning toward the CompCam kit for chain, crankshaft and such. Sucks that I already did lifters and whatnot, but I'm more concerned with getting good quality pistons and rings.

Any ideas from the community?

I know this is dated, but wondering if you dug further. That's dead on what mine sounds like and forgiving anyone that's read the entire thread, I've replaced:
Oil Pump Drive Assembly
New Head
New lifters, push-rods, etc.

I'm 100% certain the timing chain needs a reboot (I'm at 285K+ at the moment) and the shop agrees it's piston slap, so I'm looking for a rebuild.

Actually I came here today to see if anyone had good recommends on a rebuild kit?

As the engine mounts need replacing, I'm actually wondering if I should just swap the engine altogether or do the rebuild myself.

Either way, I'm currently leaning toward the CompCam kit for chain, crankshaft and such. Sucks that I already did lifters and whatnot, but I'm more concerned with getting good quality pistons and rings.

Any ideas from the community?

I used Sealed Power pistons and Mahle rings that came as a kit off Amazon. I just checked and the kit is still available for 174 dollars.

Sealed Power Pistons & Rings Combo Set of (6) compatible with 1996-2006 Jeep Cherokee Wagoneer 4.0 4.0L 242. (STD 3.875" Bore)​

Reactions: oconnef