Help figuring out who makes this front bumper

skrelnik

TJ Addict
Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey everyone - Its time for me to add a front bumper, and as much as I would like to buy the Mopar Rock Crawler bumper I would never pay the current ask.

Last year, after a never ending search, I found the front bumper I wanted to purchase, and now that I funds to make the purchase, of course I forgot the brand. Been scouring the internet with no luck.

So I am here to ask if anyone can jiggle my mind as to what company it was. All I can recall is that it was a small fabricator, not a name brand, I believe he was from California and the brand started with the letter K.

This is bothering me so much that I have to post a thread on this, but that was the bumper I really wanted...so any help will be much appreciated!!!

Can you find a picture of the general concept? Dirtworx is all I can think of as well... If it's not "the brand", it should be because they look (and are reported to be) phenomenal.

Can you find a picture of the general concept? Dirtworx is all I can think of as well... If it's not "the brand", it should be because they look (and are reported to be) phenomenal.

I am scouring the internet looking. I originally saw one last year on a Jeep for sale, then I went to the site and I was like this is the one. I also saw one on the other wrangler forum and I tend to like parts from smaller shops, so while Dirtworx was on my shortlist, I ultimately wanted this "other" one.

This is so bothering me, back to Google.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
OP,

The bumpers from west coast fabricators are great, but there's a local fabricator for jeep bumper in northeast PA. Shipping may be less, or personal pick up is possible.

20181207_160946_1544217404193.jpg

20181207_161006_1544217442154.jpg

A similarly specced dirtworx is over $100-$200 less, for what it’s worth https://www.thedirtworx.com/product-page/front-bumper

On the surface it appears that way, but once you add the Dirtworx shipping charges to the Dirtworx bumper you are up to $320. For the KD bumper, once you apply discounts, and free shipping, and also that it includes the fairlead bracket, they are essentially the same price, give or take a couple dollars.

I also like the look of KDs trailbar, one piece vs Dirtworxs three piece.

As I previously mentioned, both of these bumpers were on my short list, and now I am getting real picky as I narrow it down to the one I prefer. KD has the slight edge and I plan on reaching out to them next week.

Reactions: rasband
Interesting, I hadn't heard of these guys before!

Crazy how many such small shops are around us here.

I like the front bumper quite a bit. I went with Dirtworx and very happy with it, but I would have given this strong consideration had I known about it.

Reactions: Chris
On the surface it appears that way, but once you add the Dirtworx shipping charges to the Dirtworx bumper you are up to $320. For the KD bumper, once you apply discounts, and free shipping, and also that it includes the fairlead bracket, they are essentially the same price, give or take a couple dollars.

I also like the look of KDs trailbar, one piece vs Dirtworxs three piece.

As I previously mentioned, both of these bumpers were on my short list, and now I am getting real picky as I narrow it down to the one I prefer. KD has the slight edge and I plan on reaching out to them next week.

That makes sense, there are some hidden costs I wasn’t considering. Glad you mentioned these to help us in process make an informed decision.

I have to recommend against KD Fabworks. On both quality and customer service. I ordered front and rear bumpers for my jeep with the tire carrier and some accessories. First of all, they took 5 months to build and ship them. While this is understandable as it was during COVID, when I would email them asking what’s going on, I simply wouldn’t get a response. When I did get my bumper, the zerk fittings were completely covered with coating. Kurt's response? Not my fault, scrape it off. When the pressed-in studs on the tire carrier broke free? That shouldn’t happen so it must be your fault.

After weeks of emailing him, he did send me a new tire carrier bracket with studs. Well, that was another 5 months of waiting and I had moved so the package was sent to my old address and was lost in the mail. Now, he flat out won't respond to me and I have a tire carrier with a broken stud.

I admit, the bumper looks good but there are flaws, and good luck getting customer service months later when you might actually receive what you paid for.