Washington Help finding a reputable, honest and knowledgeable suspension shop in the Seattle metro area

HeffTJ

Supporting Member
I bought my 2005 TJ after it had been fitted with a Rough Country 97-06 Jeep TJ 3 1/4" progressive coil/spacer kit, 92PERF1641. It is extremely sensitive to any bump in the road. I need some good advice from someone who can help identify the cause and possible mods that will make it more drive able. I live in the Seattle area but haven't been able to find a shop that can help. If anyone knows of a place, I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

I bought my 2005 TJ after it had been fitted with a Rough Country 97-06 Jeep TJ 3 1/4" progressive coil/spacer kit, 92PERF1641. It is extremely sensitive to any bump in the road. I need some good advice from someone who can help identify the cause and possible mods that will make it more drive able. I live in the Seattle area but haven't been able to find a shop that can help. If anyone knows of a place, I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

Can’t help with the shop but pictures of the suspension and steering go along way in the forum helping you get the root of the problem and work towards a solution. The more pictures the better.

And I’d stay away from a lot of big chain shops. Ideally I’d say do the work yourself if you’re able as you’ll learn a lot in the process.
Years ago I had 4wp install new ring and pinion gears and a truetrac in my front diff. Shortly after that I had a loud pop on a obstacle, no breakages and drove fine from what I could tell. Fast forward to 2 months ago when I decided to tackle and axle build and swap my trutrac over to my new axle, I found there was no preload on the carrier and that one of the races on the carrier bearings had completely snapped and likely was that loud pop I heard years ago. I got lucky as that could’ve been a big issue.

Not suspension related but goes to show the lack of caring and low work quality they provide.

Last edited:
77862B48-BECF-430F-8E3F-50CADCE50343.jpeg

Thanks guys for the advice. Milton is much closer to Renton than Portland so I'll start there! It's too bad TC's went out of business a few years ago as well as the shop that used to be in Snohomish. Thanks again

Reactions: mudmaster
Thanks guys for the advice. Milton is much closer to Renton than Portland so I'll start there! It's too bad TC's went out of business a few years ago as well as the shop that used to be in Snohomish. Thanks again

Aarons Olympic 4x4 is still in Snohomish they’re just not a wrecking yard anymore. I have heard of Auburn off-road or something down south? They’re also NWD Off-road in marysville.

B00mb00m, thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I personally know that Auburn off-road does great work but sometimes they are hard to get into.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
Auburn Car Repair & Offroad. John know his stuff and I often run into him on the trails, he also won last years KOH 4500 class. Even when I just have questions about things that I’m going to do myself, he’s always responds and is willing to help