Help Identify electrical connector driver's side transmission to rear, please

mark aldridge

Was checking fluids under the Jeep and found an unconnected electrical connector that I don't recall previously. It is a 2-prong connector hanging on the driver's side towards the rear, but there's enough lead that it could go anywhere on the top or sides of the transmission or anything nearby. It has a latching slide-type connector. It's a 2005 4.0 with manual transmission. Thanks for any aid you can provide!

Our Jeeps come with all kinds of connectors for various options including an automatic transmission. Odds are very good that connection is meant for an automatic. When I converted my previous TJ from its original 5-speed manual to the 32RH automatic, all the electrical connectors I needed were taped up to the harness above its original manual transmission.

Reactions: DuncLJ
The 42rle auto transmission has a 2 prong connector on the driver's side aft end of the transmission. It goes to the output speed sensor.
Might be like @Jerry Bransford said, an unused connector came loose from it's bundle and is now just hanging down.