Help Identifying Pitman Arm and Track Bar

Brenna R.

A few questions. I am fairly positive that my Jeep has a dropped pitman arm. What I am trying to figure out is if the track bar the PO installed requires the dropped pitman arm. The lift is a 5” lift and from reading other threads I can still run a stock pitman. Is 5.5” the max for a stock pitman? (I’m not going to lift mine anymore it’s just a question for my SA). Last question is what is the name of the part that the track bar connects to on the driver side? I need to replace mine because the track bar moves up and down at that point.
If you all see anything else messed up in these photos let me know!

CCF9D81C-1037-40D1-9334-AD56DBCDE89B.jpeg

E50EC172-A596-4961-A240-B5E12A8A0D7E.jpeg

2A8DF17C-0B97-4929-A6F1-4D78C602EFB8.jpeg

That'd a drop pitman arm and some sort track bar with a heim joint.

Since the track bar does not have a drop bracket, you need a stock pitman arm.

Everything else looks fine other than that, which is a simple fix.

That is a dropped pitman arm. That trackbar is using the factory mounting locations. Also your track bar has a mohawk?

That'd a drop pitman arm and some sort track bar with a heim joint.

Since the track bar does not have a drop bracket, you need a stock pitman arm.

Everything else looks fine other than that, which is a simple fix.
Thank you! Would you recommend going to the stock track bar if I change it?

A stock trackbar is only going to be useful for you if you go back to stock springs.

Look into Currie for the trackbar.

That what I was thinking. Which might be a good thing if the stock hole is still there.

Yep, if I had to guess someone drilled out the stock hole and then maybe someone else wanted to use a different size bolt and therefore installed this sleeve.

Reactions: Wildman
That is a dropped pitman arm. That trackbar is using the factory mounting locations. Also your track bar has a mohawk?

Dorsal fin, silly. That's so the Jeep will track straight.
Sailfish_1023x1024__compressed_280x@2x.jpg

Reactions: Lou
I am at a loss. I have been trying to install the new Currie trac bar but the bolt holes on the axle won’t line up when I get the bar up into the bracket. The bar lines up perfectly with the front but the back is off by like an 1/8th of an inch. It’s almost as if the track bar is cockeyed in the bracket and I have no way of straightening it. I’ve tried turning the wheel like some people say, I’ve made my husband jump on the bumper, I’m out of ideas. Not sure if I should drill a larger hole, doesn’t seem like the best idea.

I post a picture of 5he hole straight on from the front it sounds like someone may have red riled it, this was common on early years