Help identifying soft top

2000saharagold

Hey guys. Just got this 2000 TJ. New to jeep world, but I love it already. The soft top frame in these pictures came with the jeep. It looks like it's missing some parts and has no canvas. I have looked around the internet but there are so many options. Do you guys know what this frame is and where I could find a replacement top for it? Thanks for any help!

IMG_4601.JPG
IMG_4602.JPG
IMG_4603.JPG
IMG_4605.JPG

I haven't the slightest clue what that frame is @2000saharagold. It's certainly not factory, and it's certainly not a Bestop. My best guess would be SmittyBilt or Rampage.

Those door surrounds sure are bizarre.

That's one of the aftermarket soft tops that came with a difficult to work work with frame that is more Rube Goldberg and Kludge than what the factory installed. Personally, I'd trash it and start looking for a complete used soft top off a 1996 to 2006 TJ, or buy a new Bestop Supertop NX kit which includes everything including the entire MUCH easier to use mechanism that they installed on new Jeeps from the factory.

Compared to what the factory installed and is in Bestop's kit, that's a nightmare "Erector Set" design that is difficult enough to use that you'd soon hate it if you did manage to find an aftermarket top to fit it. There were a lot of aftermarket soft top manufacturers that were forced to kludge their tops like that due to the fact Bestop's (which was the OE) design was protected and couldn't be copied until maybe five years ago.

This will give you an idea what the OE support looks like...

jk2d-factory-rat-hardware.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob5589
It's a Bestop Super Top. I have it on my TJ. It's been slightly redesigned and called the classic now. Doesn't look as good as the super top does.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I was gonna say that looks like an old soft top frame off a CJ or YJ. I'd scrap it for the better design or go frameless like Larry.

Reactions: BendLarry
Can anybody point me in the right direction for a nice easy on easy off soft top just to block rain in shade my daughter has a full soft top which is kind of a pain for a 17-year-old girl