Help me choose soft top color

Spice or black soft top on Flame Red TJ?

• Total voters
I went with a black sailcloth replace a top with tinted windows from Bestop on my flame red 1997. It has the khaki interior but I prefer a dark colored top.

Attachments

• 20200409_183143.jpg
    20200409_183143.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: matkal
I'm positive that the old top is twill, it's quite a bit more heavy duty but $400 more? I'm happy with sailcloth, took it for a testdrive and it doesn't seem noticeably noisier at 70mph. I'm also glad I got clear windows and new zippers are really really awesome.

Reactions: randy328
Are you still happy with the look and do you have any more pics? I have flame red with the agate/dark grey interior and want to reuse my coyote/tan Bartact seat covers and debating if the new top should be black or spice.
I'm very happy with it, I like it even more now then when I first got it.

Reactions: red02tj
Yeah, I've been researching/ reading reviews and have decided on a Bestop replacement top(or whatever they call it). The bad Bestop reviews are mostly that they don't even come close to fitting right out of the box, if i get one of those it goes back. As for the others, the bad reviews seem to come after they've been used as while and warrantee claims might be an issue.
Twill only would be my suggestion, Spice in Twill if available?
They HAVE to be heated up in the sun first or you'll never get it to stretch on correctly, but mine went on without a hitch after that.
Edit: too late to the party, the spice looks great, so does the fit!
Did you go with new hardware too for the Sunrider feature?