Help me find picture of a red TJ with white steel wheels

matkal

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I’ve searched and cannot find a pic that was posted on here fairly recently of a red TJ with white steel wheels. Not wagon wheels but plain, old school steel wheels. Thanks in advance

Reactions: LONGJP2
I found this. It's not a TJ though.

IMG_5723.jpg

I’ve been trying to figure out which direction I want to go with my TJ and I really like the old school/ retro/ daktari/ utilitarian look. Something like T(?)’s Jeep. Maybe with some simple hub caps but not baby moons.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I’ve been trying to figure out which direction I want to go with my TJ and I really like the old school/ retro/ daktari/ utilitarian look. Something like T(?)’s Jeep. Maybe with some simple hub caps but not baby moons.

I like that look too and if it wasn't for the weight savings of aluminum wheels, I would have went that direction.

The white looks good to me, but something in a gray or black might look good too.

I'm not sure about white either, but I don't think black would work either unless I put hubcaps on it.......
I'm not good with colors. Gray is a possibility.

I was driving around yesterday and saw a dark green tj with white wagon wheels and hardtop!

Think something like this, but less cool looking. The white top seemed a little much on the tj. I could rock the white wheels with my black Jeep though or maybe red like the A team!

The steel wheels (new) aren’t cheap. The hubcaps(dog dish hubcaps) aren’t cheap either. I think that if I do this it will be a long term project. I’m thinking I could probably adapt baby moons to accept a Jeep center cap. Anyway here are some pics.
89CBCF43-FAF5-407A-A21E-D0859D9E5BEC.jpeg
901B4610-1CA1-4D1F-A894-9E4D0B9A46F4.png
BA8BA592-6B05-4116-844A-875E1CB32591.jpeg
2E1DF7C4-284B-4562-8C64-DF55B58FB03F.jpeg

I’ve searched and cannot find a pic that was posted on here fairly recently of a red TJ with white steel wheels. Not wagon wheels but plain, old school steel wheels. Thanks in advance
Not what you're looking for but I really like the steel look on mine, I really dig the white too!

20190718_174954.jpg

As with a lot of things , the more questions that are answered the more questions you have.

I like the look of the plain white wheels and they’re different from most. It seems as though everyone has black wheels, which I really like, but.... they’re everywhere. I also like the pro comp/ Mickey Thompson/Alcoa in both black and natural aluminum. But again, very popular.

I’m a bit of a contrarian and I value form over function, probably why I like the plain white or some other color like Gray.

My other issue is that I don’t have a huge budget for this Jeep and as I’m looking at having to rebuild my engine it’s even tighter. So I guess my plan is to get the wheels one at a time if I have to, as I find them at junkyards, garage sales, etc.

Maybe I should have bought a boat..,,..... 🤣

Reactions: MountaineerTom