Help with Currie Currectlync steering part numbers

justjake843

So I'm replacing the drag link on my Currie steering on my tj, and I managed to booger up the threads on the passenger side tie rod end on the tie rod, and I'm not sure which part to order. I see there two different tie rod end part numbers

ce-9701trr
Or
ce-9701trl.
I understand that this means left or right aide but which side does Currie consider the left or right side of the vehicle? (Passenger vs driver)
Basically I'm not sure which part to order

So I'm replacing the drag link on my Currie steering on my tj, and I managed to booger up the threads on the passenger side tie rod end on the tie rod, and I'm not sure which part to order. I see there two different tie rod end part numbers

ce-9701trr
Or
ce-9701trl.
I understand that this means left or right aide but which side does Currie consider the left or right side of the vehicle? (Passenger vs driver)
Basically I'm not sure which part to order

Check your threads. R&L on the part number typically refers the whether it is right or left hand thread and not its position on the vehicle.

I forgot to ask how bad are the threads? Sometimes some patience and a thread file will often time save the day.

The threads are rough. I stupidly tried to beat the joint out of the drag link hole with a BFH with the castle nut halfway threaded on

Have you considered chasing the TRE threads with a thread die ?

81XX0v8Lm5L._AC_SX679_.jpg

The threads are rough. I stupidly tried to beat the joint out of the drag link hole with a BFH with the castle nut halfway threaded on

On the tre joint?

I woufl actually consider fixing the threads. I’d chase with the correct thread die and see how they look. If it terrible mushroom, a little file and then the die.

Last edited:
What is wrong on the drag link that led you to want to replace it?

What is wrong on the drag link that led you to want to replace it?

I traded a set of wheels/tires and didn't realize the tires from the prev owner were cupped real bad, and couldn't get new tires for the longest time, and since it was my daily driver it led to causing the tre on the drag link to become bad (figured it out by a dry steer test after experiencing death wobble).

I'm not sure about doing thread repair because the joint just spins and spins after attempting to try to out the nut back on in an attempt to try and reshape the threads

I traded a set of wheels/tires and didn't realize the tires from the prev owner were cupped real bad, and couldn't get new tires for the longest time, and since it was my daily driver it led to causing the tre on the drag link to become bad (figured it out by a dry steer test after experiencing death wobble).

I'm not sure about doing thread repair because the joint just spins and spins after attempting to try to out the nut back on in an attempt to try and reshape the threads

You can squeeze the tre housing back together with a shop press to tighten up the pin.

This is my Currie steering...
20210605_110620.jpg

20210605_111306.jpg

Reactions: Rickyd