Help with exhaust valve install

Hey everyone,
I am trying to put an exhaust valve in my Jeep, but I have had problems with the exhaust O2 sensors not reading and causing it to not run right. Is there any way to mitigate this issue?

Do you mean an exhaust cut-out or cut-off?🤔 An exhaust valve goes in the cylinder head. Just clarification not a dig. If so then they are frequently installed after the cats and 02's to avoid ECU problems. The few that I am aware of in "factory" installations are located just before the muffler.

Sorry for the confusion, I meant a cut out. Ill look at putting it right behind the 2nd O2 sensor. I wasnt sure if there was some way to put it closer to the header.

I doubt there will be much of a h.p. gain from a 4.0 by doing this. Or do you have a better engine stuffed in there?

Why would you go to all the trouble and expense of installing a cutout for that little engine? A 1 1/2" pipe is probably more than enough to prevent excess back pressure. The only thing you're going to gain is pissed off neighbors every time you drive it. Not any H.P.

Reactions: Chris
I have gotten over the whole cut-out idea in the past few days. Being a teenager trying to compete with all of my friends can lead to some stupid ideas on how to outdo them. No need to worry about an angry grille and I took those ridiculous inserts out. I'll update my profile picture.

In the most recent weeks, I put a 2 1/2" Rough Country lift on it that a buddy gave me and also quick disconnectable sway bar links that I got off eBay. I am looking to put a set of 13/10.5/15 on it to fill in the gaps. I also got my engine and transmission back from the rebuild shops and I am gearing up for that swap. I just placed a big order on Rock Auto for new motor mounts, clutch assembly, and new brakes. Do yall have any suggestions for other things that I should buy for the swap?

Looking back (way back) I've realized that the easiest way to out-do my friends would have been to not follow the crowd. Then when you are needed to un-do whatever stupid thing they all did you will have out-done them all.

Reactions: Patrick Carlin
Im slowly figuring that out. They don't seem to understand that big tires are not the answer. And it is not about how much power you have, it's how you use it!