Help with JL wiring diagram

Alex01

Waiting on USA revolution shafts since November
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Clearly, not a JL forum but you guys know more about wiring than I do.

I'm midway through the installation of the hardtop wiring harness and got to the section where you connect the new wires to the PDC

As you can see in the install instructions the BU/WH wire goes into the J1 position in the connector. I already have a larger diameter blue wire in the position where the picture looks like the wire plugs in. The note on the bottom says if a wire is present remove the wire and tape it to the harness.
My issue is I don't understand how to verify that the picture on the install page is pointing to the correct placement. If anyone knows how I confirm it is J1 it would be greatly appreciated. The way I'm looking at it is the downward direction is 1-7 starting at the top and the A-J would be from right to left. What makes sense to me is using that method the wire marked in the photo would be I-1 and the blank next to it would be J-1. Does the tiny hole in the middle of the raised portion count as a Letter making the whole harness A-K?

1664673769292.png

Forgot to mention. This is why I enjoy working on the TJ. So much plastic, harnesses, and crap to dig through just to do a fairly simple upgrade.....

Reactions: Wildman
There should be some sort of cavity ID on the connector itself. You might have to look really close.

On the other harness, I connected wires to there were small numbers showing me the starting and ending port numbers. I looked all over this one and didn't see any marks.
Find a JL service manual. It should show diagrams of each connector including which is Pin 1.

I can't find a pdf online and the only option seems to be a $200-$300 USB drive. Seems insane.

Clearly, not a JL forum but you guys know more about wiring than I do.

I'm midway through the installation of the hardtop wiring harness and got to the section where you connect the new wires to the PDC

As you can see in the install instructions the BU/WH wire goes into the J1 position in the connector. I already have a larger diameter blue wire in the position where the picture looks like the wire plugs in. The note on the bottom says if a wire is present remove the wire and tape it to the harness.
My issue is I don't understand how to verify that the picture on the install page is pointing to the correct placement. If anyone knows how I confirm it is J1 it would be greatly appreciated. The way I'm looking at it is the downward direction is 1-7 starting at the top and the A-J would be from right to left. What makes sense to me is using that method the wire marked in the photo would be I-1 and the blank next to it would be J-1. Does the tiny hole in the middle of the raised portion count as a Letter making the whole harness A-K?

1664673769292.png

Check the module it plugs into the numbers may be in where it plugs in will be hard to see and may only have the numbers at the end of each row. What I do from there is mark the connector.

Reactions: Alex01
Check the module it plugs into the numbers may be in where it plugs in will be hard to see and may only have the numbers at the end of each row. What I do from there is mark the connector.

I'll look for that tomorrow. The frustrating part is everything only has a few inches of wiggle room so I'm not even sure if I'll be able to see the bottom of the PDC. But that is the exact thing I noticed on the other plug I had to do.

You can subscribe to techauthority.com for 36.95 for a three day pass and see the service info.
You could also try swinging by a local dealership and seeing if the parts dept or service dept might be willing to print you out a connector pinout from the service info if you have one locally that is friendly.

Reactions: Alex01
I'll look for that tomorrow. The frustrating part is everything only has a few inches of wiggle room so I'm not even sure if I'll be able to see the bottom of the PDC. But that is the exact thing I noticed on the other plug I had to do.

Camera phone

Reactions: TJ Jim
Camera phone
Good idea. I buttoned the whole thing back up today so my wife could drive it but I'll likely rip into it again tomorrow or Monday.

I'm due for an oil change on that jeep anyways so I'm thinking I'll just use one of the free wave oil changes and when they program the jeep to accept the hardtop wiring I'll ask to talk to a tech.

Thanks for the ideas guys.

I'm due for an oil change on that jeep anyways so I'm thinking I'll just use one of the free wave oil changes and when they program the jeep to accept the hardtop wiring I'll ask to talk to a tech.

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Did you get any faults after wire install as I have acc/fcw and no cruise (unavailable needs service) afterwards as I do have both advance and reg safety options on rubicon. So I assume faults will be cleared since installed new clockspring and program the 3 sales Codes to accept hard top. Dealer said they did the 3 sales codes update over the air but I doubt that'll work that way...and so far hasn't

I did have an issue with 2 of the 3 wires not seeming to seat properly in bcm c5 so maybe I'll have to check those wires again if seating properly. Incase that's the problem with no acc/fcw cruise...again unless you also had faults ? And if so did they get cleared if you got the flash from dealership again ty so much for any helpful info before I go to dealership

Did you get any faults after wire install as I have acc/fcw and no cruise (unavailable needs service) afterwards as I do have both advance and reg safety options on rubicon. So I assume faults will be cleared since installed new clockspring and program the 3 sales Codes to accept hard top. Dealer said they did the 3 sales codes update over the air but I doubt that'll work that way...and so far hasn't

I did have an issue with 2 of the 3 wires not seeming to seat properly in bcm c5 so maybe I'll have to check those wires again if seating properly. Incase that's the problem with no acc/fcw cruise...again unless you also had faults ? And if so did they get cleared if you got the flash from dealership again ty so much for any helpful info before I go to dealership

I did not have any faults. But we also don't have ACC or FCW on the JL.

It was a while ago that I did the wiring but I recall the photos in the instructions being true to the actual location of the wires and the wire all were nicely seated.