Help with Rancho part numbers for OME lift

Those will work, but they run a bit long, so you may need to add some bump stop extension to keep them from over compressing on up travel.

Reactions: fuse
I'm done with the harsh ride from the OME shocks, do these part numbers look correct for 2.5" OME heavy rate lift? Thanks in advance.
RS55239 Front
RS55241 Rear
I had OME nitro sports and can relate to how you feel.

@bobthetj03 is correct, the ranchos run long. Think of the stock height versions of 0-2.5" of lift then the ones you're looking at as 2.5-3.5". If you have a 2" OME lift likely the stock ones would be a better fit since you won't be limited on compressed length. Hell, the 2.5" shocks they sell was arguably better for my 4" lift than the 3.5" ones I bought.

RS55128 RS55240

Reactions: bobthetj03
Order the stock length ones. I have the 3.5in on mine and the front had almost no up travel with just the springs

I'm running a 2in spacer up front + stock 0.75in idolator with the ome heavys.
BD70dJv.jpg

1S8GMik.jpg

I'm now wondering what shocks are the correct type. I just installed the RS55239 Front and RS55241 Rear. They are supposedly good for 2" - 3" of lift.

I too have an OME lift.

I'm now wondering what shocks are the correct type. I just installed the RS55239 Front and RS55241 Rear. They are supposedly good for 2" - 3" of lift.

I too have an OME lift.
The correct length shock is the one that divides it's travel in half on your Jeep.

Use 24.5" extended length with 2" bumptop extension. The coils are 19.5/14.5 free length. Maximum collapsed length for the rear shock with a 2" bumpstop is 14".

The 2" lift ome shocks are 13.5 collapsed 22.5" extended. No bumpstop extension required for the front, 1" required for the rear. If you have 33" tires, 2" bumpstop extension is required under stock and flat fenders, including metal cloak. Running 2" bumpstop extension with a 13.5/22.5" 9" travel shock only allows you to actually use 7" of it. A 15/25" shock makes use of the entire free length of the spring with a 33" tire.