California Henness Pass (Northern California)

. . . Date: Sept. 26th & 27th. Two days and one night camp out. We will meet at (changed meet up place, it is now)Hwy 20 at Pleasant Valley road in Penn Valley Ca. We will meet in the Park and Ride on the south side of Hwy 20. There is a gas station across the Hwy on Pleasant Valley road.

Is this still the plan? What time on Saturday Sept. 26?

Who is still in?

I'm in the process of coordinating the Henness Pass run with the second leg of my overlanding trip with a friend from the Oregon border to the Mexican border.

We just finished the northern leg from Oregon to Downieville last week. It would be perfect if I could talk you guys into a short detour from Henness Pass Rd. into Downieville so I could pick up at the exact spot where we left the first leg of the Pacific Crest Overland Trail then continue with you guys to Verdi where my friend and I will turn south toward Lake Tahoe, down to Carson City and eventually Bodie. We will finish the last leg to the Mexican border in the spring.

Here is the middle leg of the trip that we're trying to coordinate with Henness Pass:

Pacific Crest Overland Route 2020 leg 2.jpg

Here is the northern leg we just finished:

North leg PCOR 2020.jpg

This is the entire route:

PCOR California segment.jpg

Last edited:
I’m still maybe. I’m gone the 16-20th. And possibly the weekend before so it might be tough to make 3 weekends gone in a row. I’ll make a decision in the next few days