California Henness Pass (Northern California)

Still the same status for me. Interested and hoping to do this if the trailer gets done in time. It will likely be very close as I expect to have at least two weeks left on it I’m still need get get line-x and powder coated and painted after I finish my part. Then reassemble.

It will likely be very close as I expect to have at least two weeks left on it I’m still need get get line-x and powder coated and painted after I finish my part. Then reassemble.
Rubicon 2019 dejá vu

No, I haven't made any. It's a 4 hour drive back home where we come out in Verdi (Cabela's).

Yeah, I know. Considering staying the night at Boomtown KOA. Would make for a long day in the Jeep finishing up the trail and then driving 4+ hours home in the dark.

Question for everyone that is going. Are you willing to dry camp it in unimproved camp area? Or would you prefer designated camp site with pit toilet?
If we choose to do a designated camp ground, was thinking of staying at Jackson Meadows Reservoir where camp sites at $24 per night. If not, we'll just find a flat place along the way.

Last edited:
Question for everyone that is going. Are you willing to dry camp it in unimproved camp area? Or would you prefer designated camp sight with pit toilet?

I'll have a wife and a dog, so It would be nice to have a nicer campground, but I'll pack to boondock if you decide that route. Mostly just need a flat piece of ground for a tent.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to go or not. Depends on what stage we are in of buying our house. Will know more next week. If we go, we are ok camping anywhere.

We typically prefer dispersed camping, especially if near water. But would be happy to camp anywhere the group decides. :)

Reactions: lowranger
Hey Lowranger, sounds like a great way for me to meet up with a bunch of forum folks.

I don’t have a bunch of camping gear but I’ve got a sleeping bag and ice chest, and that should get me by. But I would vote for a place with the pit toilet tho, I don’t have a camping style one. It’s probably the only thing I don’t like to rough it with!:poop:

Reactions: lowranger