California Henness Pass (Northern California)

Added to Calendar: 09-26-20, 09-27-20

Henness-stil.gif

I've ran the section from stampede reservoir near truckee to verdi. That section was basically a fire road. In highschool / college we referred to it as the smuggling route to cabelas lol.

I've ran the section from stampede reservoir near truckee to verdi. That section was basically a fire road. In highschool / college we referred to it as the smuggling route to cabelas lol.
Yes, the way I understand, it's not a hard or difficult route. An exploring and camping trip to see some new country with some history.

Yes, the way I understand, it's not a hard or difficult route. An exploring and camping trip to see some new country with some history.

I'm set up for that kind of trip, but still refining the process. I'm on my way outside right now to do a "timed experiment" to see if I can set up my discada, cook carne asada street tacos, and get everything cleaned and packed up again in the duration of a typical 30-40 minute lunch stop.

If I can do it, I'll bring the discada with me. There's more to jeeping than jeeps. There's also tacos and cerveza. ;)

I'm set up for that kind of trip, but still refining the process. I'm on my way outside right now to do a "timed experiment" to see if I can set up my discada, cook carne asada street tacos, and get everything cleaned and packed up again in the duration of a typical 30-40 minute lunch stop.

If I can do it, I'll bring the discada with me. There's more to jeeping than jeeps. There's also tacos and cerveza. ;)
Let me know how it goes! :)

Oh! And pictures too.

You had me at carne asada street tacos!

Okay.....since I haven't gotten any replies of anyone being on Henness Pass from Browns Valley to Verdi Nevada, I'm going to put it on myself. So anyone that wants to join us on this "Exploration Trip" are welcome to join my wife and I. There is pavement and dirt forest service roads. Historical places along the way. I'll start getting a head count, so if you're interested, chime in and I'll start a list.
Date: Sept. 26th & 27th. Two days and one night camp out. We will meet at (changed meet up place, it is now)Hwy 20 at Pleasant Valley road in Penn Valley Ca. We will meet in the Park and Ride on the south side of Hwy 20 at 10:00am. There is a gas station across the Hwy on Pleasant Valley road.

Last edited:
Henness Pass List:

1. Lowranger & Mrs. Lowranger
2. Mr. Bills
3. Indy, Mrs Indy & 2 Little Indys
4. Bobthetj03 & Mrs Bobthetj03
5. tomtaylz
6. Midnight LJR
7. Jkgene & Mrs. Jkgene
8. John A.
9. Scot & Shelly (4 Dr JK)

Last edited: