Hennessy Maximus

Mike_H

autos are better - WRWD508
Supporting Member
  • Wow
Reactions: psrivats and Chris
I'll never, ever understand why anyone needs 1000hp, or let alone 700hp in a street driven car.

That's not to say it's not "cool", but can you believe there are people who actually want to drive around 700hp cars on the daily? I can't think of a single place within 30 miles of me (maybe more) where you could even begin to use that amount of power.

Anyways, not bashing it, I'm just unable to understand why someone wants 1000hp in a Gladiator of all vehicles :LOL:

Reactions: DrDmoney
And in the photo with IFS the driveshaft angle is crazy.

That IFS looks like shit, photo chopped or not. And for $200k, mine better NOT have a pep boys light bar on top!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Chris
The other photos on the site look even worse.
Hennessey-Maximus-Jeep-rear.jpg

Hennessey-Maximus-Jeep-side-min.jpg

• Haha
What kills me is they skip from 283 hp to an insane 700-1000 hp.

350-450 would be fantastic in that , and it wouldn’t detonate the drive train.

What kills me is they skip from 283 hp to an insane 700-1000 hp.

350-450 would be fantastic in that , and it wouldn’t detonate the drive train.
It's Hennessy though so they need to push the limit. I'm more surprised for 200k it doesn't have the hellephant in it.

Reactions: 04 LJ
I'll never, ever understand why anyone needs 1000hp, or let alone 700hp in a street driven car.

That's not to say it's not "cool", but can you believe there are people who actually want to drive around 700hp cars on the daily? I can't think of a single place within 30 miles of me (maybe more) where you could even begin to use that amount of power.

Anyways, not bashing it, I'm just unable to understand why someone wants 1000hp in a Gladiator of all vehicles :LOL:

I for one am in that group of wanting more HP and was just on BAT earlier today bidding on a 2008 S65 AMG that has 600+ HP and 700+ TQ. This was going to be a daily driver for the wife and I would occasionally drive. Price got to high, and since it lacks a manual tranny I stepped out of the bidding cause a 2016 hellcat with manual tranny is in the picture as our daily driver. More HP the better, it's just fun. We don't thinks it's cool or whatever anyone else thinks, the smile on ones face when hitting the throttle is priceless.

Seeing the screen in the hellcat is breathtaking, and after driving one for a couple days we were sold. It's big enough to pick kids up at school, hit up an amusement part or BJs. So the question to you is why drive a Subaru, Honda or Toyota when you can have this.

20180826_095353.jpg?

I for one am in that group of wanting more HP and was just on BAT earlier today bidding on a 2008 S65 AMG that has 600+ HP and 700+ TQ. This was going to be a daily driver for the wife and I would occasionally drive. Price got to high, and since it lacks a manual tranny I stepped out of the bidding cause a 2016 hellcat with manual tranny is in the picture as our daily driver. More HP the better, it's just fun. We don't thinks it's cool or whatever anyone else thinks, the smile on ones face when hitting the throttle is priceless.

Seeing the screen in the hellcat is breathtaking, and after driving one for a couple days we were sold. It's big enough to pick kids up at school, hit up an amusement part or BJs. So the question to you is why drive a Subaru, Honda or Toyota when you can have this.

View attachment 97179?
Lots that can afford a Honda, Toyota or even a Jeep can’t afford a Hellcat. Sure it’s probably fun but it has essentially no practicality, especially for a DD.

So the question to you is why drive a Subaru, Honda or Toyota when you can have this.

Because there's nowhere on the streets you or I can use 700 hp safely. As an ego booster, I get it. As a car for fun, I also get it. However, I'd rather just rent a car like that for a day and give it back once I've had my fun, as I know 700 hp is too much for me.

And yes, as @04 LJ said, why would I want a Hellcat or a 1000 hp Jeep as a daily? You're seriously comparing a Honda, Toyota, or Subaru to a Hellcat? That's literally the definition of comparing apples to oranges.

Reactions: 04 LJ