Here is some reality of today's world

Rick Flair

Domari Nolo
Supporting Member
I have debated with myself to share this or not. I figured with the current threads and things going on, it might seem off to post this. But I want to share because this is a reality for some of us right now.

For background, some might not know but I’ve been in LE for 20 years. My father still in LE. We live about 9 blocks apart.

Last night, at 2:31am my camera notification goes off. I happen to be up, see it and and a younger man with his face covered with his hood approached my door and tested it a few times to see if it was locked. I have a full steel security door covering my front door. It was locked as usual. He then hit my door, rang the doorbell and ran off. 2 minutes later did the same to my parents home.

At first I wanted to write it off as a teen fucking around. But the approach (avoided neighbors cams, was direct and purposeful) and the silent door test says otherwise.

Now I had to have a discussion again with my kids, my parents, local deputies and neighbors.
Due to the nature of my work, it comes with the job. It sucks and exactly why I’m done with this crap.

I live in a small farming community with like 2k people. This sort of stuff doesn’t really happen here without a reason.

I know this might sound paranoid to people but I have had a lot of death threats over the years and have put a lot of people in prison. With current events, it worries me. Now, I’ll deal with it on my level of it comes into my home but my kids and wife don’t deserve to be terrorized.

It’s a choice I made long ago but that was before a family and with officers dying during these unsettling times, it brings a whole new reality to some of us out there.

I’m not looking for anything with this other than to let you know, bad people do exist and even if you don’t follow that line of thought and think peaceful protests and autonomous areas are a good thing, it cascades down to real peoples lives and families.

Be vigilant and safe.

After what I did for most of my adult life I don't write things off that seem out of place. Now I have never been a LEO and haven't put anyone into prison. I feel for you and wish you the best and hope this doesn't bleed over into your family life. That much I can say being in the military most of the time you don't have it affect your family in these ways.
I think with what is going on that there is 2 sides to a story.

Stay safe and watch your SIX.

I support the police. What's going on right now is difficult to comprehend. You guys have a very difficult job and are under scrutiny for every action you take. When you boil it down, the two recent tragedies occurred because of resisting arrest. It's easy to watch the video and say you would have done something different, but it's something else to put yourself in harms way to protect your neighbor.

Plus my favorite show, Live PD, was cancelled.

Reactions: Rick Flair
My little sister is LE, but now she travels and teaches other depts on training, suicide prevention, etc. My brother-in-law just retired as Asst Chief. Literally 40% of the males in my graduating HS class are HPD officers and slowly hitting retirement. My next door neighbor is LE, stopped driving his patrol vehicle home 2 weeks ago and is also few years from retirement. ALL OF THE ABOVE are very, very, very happy to be walking away from this growing shit show.

It would take a lot for me to shoot someone and I'd feel bad about it forever.
I felt bad when I shot my first deer, I felt bad when I shot my 100th+ deer.

I doubt I’d feel bad if I had to shoot someone to protect my family. I was prepared when the rioters said they wanted to move to the suburbs.

I felt bad when I shot my first deer, I felt bad when I shot my 100th+ deer.

I doubt I’d feel bad if I had to shoot someone to protect my family. I was prepared when the rioters said they wanted to move to the suburbs.

I'd still feel bad about killing another person. Even if they were threatening my family, I'd always think there could have been another way, we could have done something different. But I'd rather be alive to feel bad than not. I just hope it never comes to that. Sometimes, when I see people bragging about ammo and guns they keep, I feel they are itchin' for a fight. I hope I'm wrong.

I'd still feel bad about killing another person. Even if they were threatening my family, I'd always think there could have been another way, we could have done something different. But I'd rather be alive to feel bad than not. I just hope it never comes to that. Sometimes, when I see people bragging about ammo and guns they keep, I feel they are itchin' for a fight. I hope I'm wrong.
I’d rather not and I wouldn’t go looking for a fight but if someone brings one to me I’ll do what I can to make it out the other side.

Reactions: Rick Flair
Sounds like you just need more guns and ammo to me? lol

Reactions: Apparition