Here is what almost $7000.00 gets you in SoCal

Yep, got my fingers crossed I don’t have similar issues, we lost 4 or 5 metal roof panels on our barn and quite a few 3-tab on my shop roof. The panels we lost on the barn didn’t have any side lap screws in them and the wind got under them and shredded them and the shop roof was far down on the list of things to fix first when we bought the place….🫤

Not only is not replacing that cap bad form on both appearance and quality, but they definitely were stingy with the sealant as well.

Reactions: mrblaine
All I know is I have an email from him stating he has reviewed his work and deemed it watertight. We both agreed that it was watertight before the work started with zero leaks and functioned properly. I hope it stays that way.

Unfortunately you may not find out for a year or two with the lack of rain we get most years.

Unfortunately you may not find out for a year or two with the lack of rain we get most years.

😥 😥 I think I've been somewhat ignored. Not completely but somewhat. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
From the topic of this thread I got this running through my mind:

Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl, don't they warn ya?
It pours, man, it pours

Wouldn't the nail heads on the flashing alone be a potential water leak over time? Never see that on a rooftop especially going into shingles. At least put some kind of pooky on them.

1- siding reworked with trim and painted. (y)
2- reinstalled chimney chase and flue cap
3- and the most valuable lesson of all, if it isn't in writing, it didn't happen.

He says it is watertight, I hope that is true.

View attachment 394449

View attachment 394451

He couldn't throw in a $250 chimney cap? It would probably take longer to beat and screw that back on than to fab and drop a new one on. Embarrassing.