Hey, Everybody! From North Rose, NY

RiversWrangler

Supporting Member
Recently, I purchased my first TJ. For the past couple of years, I had a 95 YJ that was passed down in the family. My aunt bought it new in 95 down in Atlanta, then my brother in Ohio got it a few years ago, then it went to me. Although there was absolutely no rust on it, it also was lacking in maintenance, so it drove like crap at 200k miles. I replaced every steering component (including upgrading to power steering), every suspension component, brakes all the way through. Etc. If it was a bushing, I replaced it. Now, it drives like new, and is back in Ohio where it's going to be my nephew's first vehicle.

I picked up the TJ a couple of months ago. It's a 2000 Sport, 4.0, 5 spd with 140k miles. I was looking for a Jeep that hadn't been accessorized by anybody, and this one has lived it's life completely untouched ... except for the side steps which are going away. At some point, somebody replaced the stock stereo and added a subwoofer. That's it. The sub is now gone, and the 'new' CD player doesn't work. Other than that it runs like a top.

Of course the frame is bad. The center of each side has been repaired, but the four corners are rotted. I have it at an off-road fab shop where the frame problems are being addressed by a combination of caps, and custom made pieces. They do great work.

I'm looking forward to piling on the accessories when I get it back. I have a small collection of cars, but none of them are as much pure fun as the Jeep.

20221129_162307.jpg

Reactions: L J