Hey everyone from Washington state

Wajeep

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hello everyone. I’m completely new to Jeeps. I’m in the process of getting a ‘97 with inline 6/ manual. Once it checks out from a mechanic, I’ll be ready to bite the bullet. Fortunately the jeep is from Tx so rust is non- existent. Any other advice would be great. Thanks everyone.

Reactions: Vasq and Chris
Welcome from the East side of WA! Great forum. What do you have planned for the Jeep?

Reactions: Darsmith
Welcome from the East side of WA! Great forum. What do you have planned for the Jeep?
Thanks. I’m in Wenatchee to be exact. I’m not exactly sure what I want to do with my Jeep when I get it. Definitely plan on driving it around town and forest service roads, etc. honestly, I don’t know. Open to ideas.

Reactions: Vasq
Dana 60s, 40s, and an Atlas should get you started.

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
Thanks. I’m in Wenatchee to be exact. I’m not exactly sure what I want to do with my Jeep when I get it. Definitely plan on driving it around town and forest service roads, etc. honestly, I don’t know. Open to ideas.
See if there are any Jeep clubs around and if you like wheelin. Then go from there.

Welcome from Plain, center of the universe. You’ve got a lot of great trails right out Wenatchee itself, or within an easy drive of it. Everything from an afternoon’s fun to a multi-day overland.

Welcome from Plain, center of the universe. You’ve got a lot of great trails right out Wenatchee itself, or within an easy drive of it. Everything from an afternoon’s fun to a multi-day overland.
I’d love some trail suggestions. The novice type.

Squilchuck Road to Mission Ridge Road and then the Liberty Beehive USFS 9712 Road up to Beehive Reservoir is a good one for an afternoon drive. You can keep going all the way to Haney Meadows and the old mining town of Liberty or out Swauk Meadows onto US97 for a day trip. The trail between Haney Meadow and Beehive isn’t technical, but there is a washed out/ heavily rutted spot crossing a scree field on the side of a ridge you need to be aware of. You’ll know the spot when you see the parts and pieces of plastic fenders and bumpers off of low clearance passenger cars scattered on the side of the slope.
Another good shorter day trip is take US 2 to 97 and then Old Blewett Pass Highway at Peshastin Creek. It was the original road over the mountains, so it is paved, narrow with lots of potholes and a few rock falls. There’s FS roads branching off the summit to explore, again nothing technical. The old highway comes out back onto US 97 at Swauk Creek.
You can make a big loop by going up 97 to Entiat and taking Entiat River Road to Mad River Road, stop for lunch at Coopers General Store in Ardenvoir, then take Tillicum USFS 5800 all the way up to French Corral and then the 5200 up to Sugarloaf Fire Lookout. Back down to French Corral and then drop down Van Creek 7520 to Eagle Creek Road and then on into Leavenworth for dinner. Keeping in mind that around a quarter of FS roads are passable to passenger vehicles you have a lot of basic trail choices within an easy drive from Wenatchee. The Washington Backroads Discovery Route runs through Wenatchee. The few trails I’ve thrown out here barely scratches the surface of what’s available locally.
My advice is get a decent map app. I use Gaia GPS and Trails Offroad, there are others. Also the PNW-NF app is handy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasq
Thanks so much for the suggestions. I know those areas. I’m excited to explore them in my new Jeep.

Reactions: mushdogs