Hey guys, I finally got my TJ

sahara.v1

Hey guys I'm Jovan from Manitoba. Im just finishing up high-school so the budget is a lil tight. Ive grown up trailriding quads and dirtbikes but ive always dreamt of camping out with a jeep. This dream has finally come true. I've lurking here for maybe 2 years absorbing more knowledge then id ever need at the moment. But the time has Finally come. A few days ago I purchased my first Tj.
This is my new 2002 Tj Sahara standard tranny.
IMG_20200718_202923_389.jpg
20200718_192623.jpg

The previous owner had it trailered in from Alberta and then stored it every winter since. It was his Sunday car so to speak. It came with an 8k synthetic warn winch and a set of weird homebuilt bumpers. He had the frame and stuff powedercoated eight after he bought it and then professionally lifted 4" using mostly JKS components and a SYE kit. On the clock currently it has 174000kms.
My goals for this ride is to keep it clean and classic looking, while making it super capable. In the future, I plan replacing the lift with savvy parts and painting it with tuned Fox resis. Oh Yeah, bigger tired are definitely on the list.
All I've done to it at the moment is replace the sound system which happened to be blown. I have a 1k JBL component system thats amped with a shallow JBL 10" sub in the trunk. All this powered by a Sony deck.
IMG_20200719_195916_959.jpg

20200719_195113.jpg

20200717_133403.jpg

Thanks for reading! I'm looking forward to all of y'alls help!

Welcome to the forum. Nice TJ, congrats!

Looks like you should run the line out on that winch and then neatly spool it back in (under some load) so it's ready when you need it and won't get hung up when you try to pull it out on the trail.

Looks like a nice, clean TJ! Welcome to the forum!

I visited Winnipeg once. I don’t think I’ve ever been so cold in my entire life 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Welcome to the forum. Nice TJ, congrats!

Looks like you should run the line out on that winch and then neatly spool it back in (under some load) so it's ready when you need it and won't get hung up when you try to pull it out on the trail.
I was thinking bout that just haven't had time yet. Thanks for reminding me!

Welcome. Great looking Sahara. Keep it off those Canadian roads in the Winter.
No can do! I live down a shitty gravel road and my Lancer had a hell of a time trying to bring me to school lol😅
Shouldn't be a super big problem as its currently powedercoated underneath but ill do my best to keep it clean!