HF Badlands winch on sale

matkal

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Current HF catalogue has the 1200# winch for $299 with coupon. They also have a 20% off any one item coupon, I’m not sure if you can combine the two.

Reactions: K0LCB
Trust me, no one should own this winch.

I know a guy very personally who has replaced this winch 5 times within 2 years, not friggin' kidding.

He said it is the biggest piece of junk winch he's ever owned, and had it not been for the "extended warranty" he purchased with it (and the fact that they keep giving him new ones every time it breaks for free), he would throw it in the garbage and never look back.

This echoes everything I've heard from others who run it as well. It's a truly, truly shitty winch.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
One word

df655378ba0761f0a52e8c6bb8801823.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

🤷‍♂️
I wasn’t endorsing it, just sharing information if anyone was interested.

No one was trying to personally attack you. We’re just warning others who might not know any better that this is a notoriously bad winch.

Just watching out for each other, that’s all ;)

No one was trying to personally attack you. We’re just warning others who might not know any better that this is a notoriously bad winch.

Just watching out for each other, that’s all ;)

I am fully aware that HF is very hit or miss, I've had my share of misses and have learned to pay more attention to their products. I wasn't aware of the bad rep of this winch. I've seen mixed reviews but haven't done any real research as I'm not in the market for a winch yet. Thanks for the tip!

It seems to me though, that their quality has gone up a bit but so have their prices on some things. Another (motorcycle)forum I'm on has a thread for HF tools; Good or Junk.

I am fully aware that HF is very hit or miss, I've had my share of misses and have learned to pay more attention to their products. I wasn't aware of the bad rep of this winch. I've seen mixed reviews but haven't done any real research as I'm not in the market for a winch yet. Thanks for the tip!

It seems to me though, that their quality has gone up a bit but so have their prices on some things. Another (motorcycle)forum I'm on has a thread for HF tools; Good or Junk.

I actually buy a lot of stuff from Harbor Freight. I've found that a lot of their stuff can be good, as long as it's not something you rely on for your job or for daily use. For instance, if I was a mechanic, I would obviously pay the big bucks and invest in something like Snap-On tools. But for a DIY mechanic, I don't see anything wrong with having HF tools, as they are made in China just like all the others, and come with the same lifetime warranty, just at a much lesser cost.

Reactions: matkal