Hi from SoCal!

fuse

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm now the proud owner of an 05 TJ Sport decked out from the factory in all Khaki. It had one previous owner who kept it almost all stock and took good care of it. Only mods before I got it were RS9000XL shocks (no lift) and 31x10.5 tires.

IMAG0323.jpg

Before I bought the Jeep, I didn't know that you could get fender flares in Khaki, but that's what the build sheet says. Also, I got lucky and found a TJ Sport with a Dana 44.

Since then, I've swapped the (Khaki!) soft top for a Camper King hard top, added a receiver for bike/cargo racks and added a few minor accessories.

I love the forums! This place has been a great resource for me when I was shopping for a Jeep and now that I'm considering what I want to do with it.

My plan is to use the Jeep to get to some of the more remote trailheads for hiking and mountain biking — places my clearance-challenged Subaru can't reach. But SoCal has some great places for wheeling, and I may get that bug. We'll see!

Reactions: Chris
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking jeep.

Reactions: fuse
First time I've seen Khaki flares that aren't clearcoated with the rest of the body. Nice! welcome aboard!

Nice buy! I’ve got a Khaki Rubicon myself. They definitely go all out of the Khaki models. Mine has Khaki interior and a Khaki hardtop. I’ve thought about painting the hardtop black though.

Nice! Welcome to the forum. Mine came with khaki flares and top per the build sheet. The flares had been painted, poorly, by the po so I swapped them out.

Welcome fuse! I’m pretty new too I’ve found everyone that responds to my posts are friendly and very helpful. Have fun, you’re going to learn a lot.

Nice buy! I’ve got a Khaki Rubicon myself. They definitely go all out of the Khaki models. Mine has Khaki interior and a Khaki hardtop. I’ve thought about painting the hardtop black though.

I swapped the Khaki soft top for a black hard top. I like the look. I'll get a pic for you.

I swapped the Khaki soft top for a black hard top. I like the look. I'll get a pic for you.

That would be awesome, I'd like to see for myself because I'm thinking with the Khaki hard top it's just too much Khaki.

That would be awesome, I'd like to see for myself because I'm thinking with the Khaki hard top it's just too much Khaki.

Here's what it looks like with the black hard top. We still have June Gloom here, so it's not as sunny as the last pic, but it should be a pretty good comparison with the first pic.

IMAG0605.jpg IMAG0607.jpg

Right on!

Nice build you have, by the way! Definitely some inspiration for things I might do.

Thanks! I'm almost done with all the big stuff. Anything that comes after that will be stuff that happens over time (i.e. the possibility of a V8 swap).