Hi from South Africa

Duan

I got my 2004 Jeep Wrangler a little more than a year ago and it was one the best decisions I have ever made. I realy enjoy every moment using it. I would like to do more on it but to import spares ect from the United States are very expensive with the exchange rate, import duties and shipping, but I am getting there. This is one way you learn to make make other plans and manufacture some of your own spares.

12046632_832472593540398_7144229232197044462_n.jpg

12107793_832472246873766_1699553231459381889_n.jpg

I got my 2004 Jeep Wrangler a little more than a year ago and it was one the best decisions I have ever made. I realy enjoy every moment using it. I would like to do more on it but to import spares ect from the United States are very expensive with the exchange rate, import duties and shipping, but I am getting there. This is one way you learn to make make other plans and manufacture some of your own spares.

That's a great looking TJ!

I'm sure the import rate for South Africa is expensive, but what a perfect vehicle to own in South Africa!

What do you think you'll do to it first?

Chris thanks for your compliment on my Jeep. I plan to lift it 1" more and I want to replace the branch and exhaust system to add a few more horses. Then I want to strip a lot on the bottom to get it powder coated.

That's about it for the next year. Fantastic forum.

Reactions: Chris
Chris thanks for your compliment on my Jeep. I plan to lift it 1" more and I want to replace the branch and exhaust system to add a few more horses. Then I want to strip a lot on the bottom to get it powder coated.

That's about it for the next year. Fantastic forum.

Thanks Duan! Post pictures of your progress as you go, we would love to see!

I am planning on doing a bunch of powder coating on the underside as well!

Welcome Duan! Nice rig you have there. Say, I'd sure like to see some pictures of your area and where you go wheeling. I doubt that I'll ever get a chance to go to South Africa, so it would be nice to see it through your eyes.

Hi just built a TJ in South Africa - was a rusted broken car so I rebuilt it and happy with the car. Sadly the gearing is way off so need to get 4.88 gears. Also considering a locker. Have not been offroad as yet literally just finished the Jeep this week.

20180316_134534.jpg

Reactions: UpperMI