Hi-lift jack points on bumper

They look like jack points to me. Bumper is at least 3/16" steel? Same 6 frame mounting bolts/locations? Recovery points for shackles?
I'd say good enough to get yanked out by those recovery points, good enough for a little upward help from a hi lift.

Reactions: jeep_boss
I was kind of wondering the same thing. My scissor jack broke, but I have a hi-lift. I know my bumper is strong enough, but what about the couple of bolts holding it on??? For those that have tried it, did it bend your hardware?

I was kind of wondering the same thing. My scissor jack broke, but I have a hi-lift. I know my bumper is strong enough, but what about the couple of bolts holding it on??? For those that have tried it, did it bend your hardware?
Stop thinking of your bumper and Hi-Lift as the right tools for changing your tires. Neither is appropriate nor safe, nor is anything more than the factory jack needed. The factory jack is more than up to changing 35" tires and even 37" in a pinch.

This is where you should be jacking from, this shows my 35" tires several inches up off the ground with the OEM factory jack.

35OnOEjack.jpg

Stop thinking of your bumper and Hi-Lift as the right tools for changing your tires. Neither is appropriate nor safe, nor is anything more than the factory jack needed. The factory jack is more than up to changing 35" tires and even 37" in a pinch.

This is where you should be jacking from, this shows my 35" tires several inches up off the ground with the OEM factory jack.

View attachment 396237

I have 33's and I thought that the best place to jack while standing in flat terrain was the diff or the axle if only one tire is needed to be lifted... am I wrong? I've never had any flat tire in the trails but I always carry some wood planks next to my subs and recovery strap to lift a bit my jack if needed.

20220811_191726.jpg

I have 33's and I thought that the best place to jack while standing in flat terrain was the diff or the axle if only one tire is needed to be lifted... am I wrong? I've never had any flat tire in the trails but I always carry some wood planks next to my subs and recovery strap to lift a bit my jack if needed.
You're not wrong at all!

Reactions: Don Bulee

View attachment 396237

I agree the hi lift is over kill/not the right tool most of the time. Like I said, my OEM jack broke and needs to be replaced. So in a needs to be situation, would jacking the after market bumpers damage/bend the hardware?

I have seen 2 attempts to remove a tire using a high lift jack. Both times the Jeep was lifted with 10 ot 11" shocks and the jack topped out before the tire was lifted enough to remove the tire. I prefer the OEM jack.

PS, I would not touch a high lift jack that has been left out in the weather. They are unreliable.

I agree the hi lift is over kill/not the right tool most of the time. Like I said, my OEM jack broke and needs to be replaced. So in a needs to be situation, would jacking the after market bumpers damage/bend the hardware?
eBay sells multiple used OEM TJ jacks nearly every day.

• Face Palm
Reactions: reddvltj
Holy necropost 😅

The OP is most certainly dead already because he used a HiLift and runs a Flatlink🤭

As with anything, you have to be smarter than the tool you are using. With common sense and proper use, you aren't going to die.

There is a time and place for the HiLift even if "You" see no value in it.

That seems like a downgrade.
I hate using a scissor jack.
Anything special about a Gladiator version?

When I had my Gladiator, it was the only thing that would get under the axle to change a tire on a trail in Prescott, Arizona. My 6 ton bottle jack under the frame couldn't get it high enough. Somebody came up the trail with the TJ OE bottle jack and there was no way it would work either.

Reactions: LONGJP2
When I had my Gladiator, it was the only thing that would get under the axle to change a tire on a trail in Prescott, Arizona. My 6 ton bottle jack under the frame couldn't get it high enough. Somebody came up the trail with the TJ OE bottle jack and there was no way it would work either.

Sounds like you needed a Hi-lift jack. :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: inkedrose

Were you trying to jack it up under the frame or axle?

Were you trying to jack it up under the frame or axle?

I totally spaced my OE scissor jack and was trying to jack it up with my 6 ton hydraulic jack. The frame was the only place it would fit. When I came to my senses and remembered my scissor jack, it was the only one that would fit under the axle to get it high enough to change the tire.