Hi new Jeep owner here long time admirer who finally asked the girl to dance

Go here and type in your VIN:

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing
It will give you the factory build sheet with the exact name of the color and everything. Trust me, you'll thank me!

The chrome grille does look good on some of them (yours being one of them).

And yes, you can buy a beater for less than $1500, drive it in the nasty weather, and let your TJ remain pristine and unmolested by the nasty weather (y).

It's a solid option, one highly worth considering if you plan on keeping it a long time.

Btw I just wanted to thank you for this. I finally just threw my ViN number in and got my build sheet. Super helpful man, appreciate it.

Deep Beryl Green Pearl is the exact colour, which is good to know.

Also learned it came with 30’s from factory.
A 19 gallon tank which is great to know because my gas gauge seems wonky. (learning that’s a thing)
It also came with a Dana 44 rear axle with a 3.73 rear axle ratio. That’s pretty good for stock, no? I’m thinking that will handle the bunny hills I want to start out with, no problem. A fuel tank skid plate and transfer case skid plate....sheesh you guys weren’t kidding these things are pretty capable out the gate, eh?

sheesh, I’m starting to think for what I’m going to use it for that keeping this thing pretty much stock is the way to go.
Learning as I go here but thanks for the help so far.
cheers

Reactions: Chris and lowranger
Congrats on a great looking LJ. Be sure to put some drain holes in that frame and clean it out good on the inside to help keep it that way. Like Chris sad I’d try to avoid the salt even if you left it outside in the weather it’s still better than driving in the salt. I think good rust free LJ’s are really going to hold their value and possibly go up at some point. Just because of the numbers made. And TJ’s in general being the last Jeep that’s really pretty simple to work on. But it’s your Jeep if you put Eastwood internal frame coating in it and take off the fender liners and fluid film it he whole underneath and reinstall the liners you should get many years of fun out of it. If you got a place to leave it hanging I actually think a hard is easier to take off and put back on than a soft top. My advice is our Jeeps are pretty capable stock. Take you time if you plan on modifying it and Research you’re plans on this forum it can save you a lot time and money.

thanks!! I’m really starting to love the look of this baby.

yeah my main issue so far is not having the space or garage to store it over the winter. If I can get that sorted I think the winter beater option is my #1 choice. Just to save the frame and get more years out of this Jeep.

Thanks for the advice, and yeah I feel like a hard top would be easier to just pop on and off but storing it is the main issue.

sheesh, I’m starting to think for what I’m going to use it for that keeping this thing pretty much stock is the way to go.
Learning as I go here but thanks for the help so far.
cheers

Even in stock form these things are excellent.

My favorite setup is a 2" lift and 31" tires.

Reactions: chad
Even in stock form these things are excellent.

My favorite setup is a 2" lift and 31" tires.

Hey, sounds great. Is there somewhere on the site that has a bunch of Jeeps with that setup? Or even just multiple different looks? I just love looking at Jeeps. Lol
Cheers

Hey, sounds great. Is there somewhere on the site that has a bunch of Jeeps with that setup? Or even just multiple different looks? I just love looking at Jeeps. Lol
Cheers

If you just do a search you’ll see there are countless numbers of threads with TJs with this setup. It’s one of the most common setups out there.

Cheers
Welcome! Here's my Deep Beryl Green with 2.5" lift on 31" tires. Excellent color choice; maybe our TJs are related😂

20200530_113901.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.....great looking Jeep you have there, that chrome grill is pristine...

Welcome to the Legion of chrome (we have few members on here)

Welcome! Here's my Deep Beryl Green with 2.5" lift on 31" tires. Excellent color choice; maybe our TJs are related😂

View attachment 178845
oh wow, yeah. That lift/tire combo looks great. Beautiful Jeep you have.

I was looking at those side steps. What do you think of them? I really liked them on the site and now seeing them on yours I can see what they’d look like on mine first hand. Any issues or complaints?
I’m just not sure I love my steps and these ones will hide any issues on the bottom of the door in the future. 😉

Welcome to the forum.....great looking Jeep you have there, that chrome grill is pristine...

Welcome to the Legion of chrome (we have few members on here)

hey thanks!!
yeah honestly I wasn’t sure what to make of the chrome grill when I bought it but now driving around town the past 2 weeks and seeing literally hundreds of other Jeeps and none with a chrome grill, I’m starting to appreciate mine. It’s different ( at least here anyway) and it still looks brand new, I suppose if the chrome starts to peel or fade I can always replace it then.

ha ha glad to be part of the legion. Your Jeep looks mint btw.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
hey thanks!!
yeah honestly I wasn’t sure what to make of the chrome grill when I bought it but now driving around town the past 2 weeks and seeing literally hundreds of other Jeeps and none with a chrome grill, I’m starting to appreciate mine. It’s different ( at least here anyway) and it still looks brand new, I suppose if the chrome starts to peel or fade I can always replace it then.

ha ha glad to be part of the legion. Your Jeep looks mint btw.
Thanks but don't look too close at mine haha
Wait till you start having fun blinding traffic with the sun reflecting off your grill (evil grin) 😉

oh wow, yeah. That lift/tire combo looks great. Beautiful Jeep you have.

I was looking at those side steps. What do you think of them? I really liked them on the site and now seeing them on yours I can see what they’d look like on mine first hand. Any issues or complaints?
I’m just not sure I love my steps and these ones will hide any issues on the bottom of the door in the future. 😉
Thank you! Just installed them about 6 weeks ago. I don't do any hard core rock crawling, but wanted some extra protection to keep branches, etc. off the tub and under the rockers on the off chance I come down on a rock or stump.

So far so good. They're well built and while I don't use them as steps (I'm 6'3"), I've stood on them and they don't budge under my 220 lbs, so I'm sure they'd work well in that regard.

Thanks but don't look too close at mine haha
Wait till you start having fun blinding traffic with the sun reflecting off your grill (evil grin) 😉
Well my headlights are so dim they won’t be blinded by those bad boys that’s for sure. Anybody have any good recommendations for headlights? Not looking to break the bank I can live with these but if there is a budget option?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Thank you! Just installed them about 6 weeks ago. I don't do any hard core rock crawling, but wanted some extra protection to keep branches, etc. off the tub and under the rockers on the off chance I come down on a rock or stump.

So far so good. They're well built and while I don't use them as steps (I'm 6'3"), I've stood on them and they don't budge under my 220 lbs, so I'm sure they'd work well in that regard.
Yeah they look great. Your Jeep is goals.

I wanted to grab a pair for better ground clearance and protection. And let’s be honest the overall look...but I keep coming back to keeping this Jeep stock for some reason. But that’s no fun is it?

Reactions: DaveC
Well my headlights are so dim they won’t be blinded by those bad boys that’s for sure. Anybody have any good recommendations for headlights? Not looking to break the bank I can live with these but if there is a budget option?
Ummm Headlight upgrades??....here we go
1595547602699.png