High lift jack placement

ARae4TJ

Having a hard time with the new rear bumper finding a place to place my high lift Jack. I've seen to do it from the bumper but take a look, please let me know your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your not likely to find many fans of a high lift jack here. They are dangerous. Carry a block of wood equal to half the height of your tire size increase and use the stock jack under the passengers seat.

Last edited:
Having a hard time with the new rear bumper finding a place to place my high lift Jack. I've seen to do it from the bumper but take a look, please let me know your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mounted here.
CIMG6561.JPG

Reactions: Squatch
Your not likely to find many fans of a high lift jack here. They are dangerous. Carry a block of wood equal to half the height of your lift and use the stock jack under the passengers seat.
I know that. But what I had to use it for....the factory jack would not have worked. We all have choices. Guns are dangerous too. Its all how you handle them. I'm not saying anyone else has to carry a high lift jack, but I choose to.

Thanks All! The hydraulic jack I had wouldn't go high enough to raise at the axel, I was doing a tire rotation and needed to get her lifted up to get onto the jack stands. I finally got creative, I used a 2x4 then stacked a ton of folded up cardboard between the jack and axel, worked like a pain in the A$$ but job done! Hope ya'll had a great weekend!

Thanks All! The hydraulic jack I had wouldn't go high enough to raise at the axel, I was doing a tire rotation and needed to get her lifted up to get onto the jack stands. I finally got creative, I used a 2x4 then stacked a ton of folded up cardboard between the jack and axel, worked like a pain in the A$$ but job done! Hope ya'll had a great weekend!

I bet that was a PITA! 5 stars for creativity though!

Time to buy a 2 3/4 or 3 ton hydraulic floor jack like Harbor Freight Tools sells inexpensively. I couldn't work without mine, it's the right tool for the job.

Jack.JPG

Time to buy a 2 3/4 or 3 ton hydraulic floor jack like Harbor Freight Tools sells inexpensively. I couldn't work without mine, it's the right tool for the job.

View attachment 45317
Thanks, Jerry. There is a Harbor freight down the road, as much work as I do on my own, time to make the investment and stop borrowing! and... I get coupons from them all the time!

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
^^ This. My HF floor jack, set of 4 6-ton jack stands, some wheel chocks, and an assortment of short 2x4, 2x6 and 4x4 scrap lumber has served me well for many years.

However, whenever possible I like to complete projects using only the tools I carry in the jeep. The theory is that by doing so one will always have what one needs no matter where the need arises. I now carry a 6-ton bottle jack in addition to the factory jack, Hi-Lift jack base, a set of bottle jack extensions and an offroad jack stand from Bogert Manufacturing (safejacks.com), and a few assorted pieces of scrap lumber, I can do almost everything with these compact tools that I can do with the floor jack and traditional jack stands.

13dc5053-5c4f-4503-9ec0-94861a3f1ee9_1.bef57d174f01f13237534d2dc98e5f05.jpg

81HPRFT75JL._SL1500_.jpg

37M-BJRK-6_1024x1024.jpg

17M-JS810_550px_3ton_1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: ARae4TJ
^^ This. My HF floor jack, set of 4 6-ton jack stands, some wheel chocks, and an assortment of short 2x4, 2x6 and 4x4 scrap lumber has served me well for many years.

However, whenever possible I like to complete projects using only the tools I carry in the jeep. The theory is that by doing so one will always have what one needs no matter where the need arises. I now carry a 6-ton bottle jack in addition to the factory jack, Hi-Lift jack base, a set of bottle jack extensions and an offroad jack stand from Bogert Manufacturing (safejacks.com), and a few assorted pieces of scrap lumber, I can do almost everything with these compact tools that I can do with the floor jack and traditional jack stands.

View attachment 45322

View attachment 45323

View attachment 45324

View attachment 45325
Oooo!!! Mommy likey! Ya, I didn't have the extras for the bottle jack I used, got 3 wheels off the ground but then when I got to driver's side, there was not room for the bottle neck and jack stand on the axle on that side, so I had to balance it (on that tiny top, with the 2x4 and the cardboard, made a quick change on that wheel first, just in case. Thank you Mr. Bills.