High Mileage 2001 Sahara Build

I'm assuming you mean the part that clamps the main battery wires down? I didn't really like it that much either, but I guess I can't complain too much since they've never failed me. Whats the fix for that? I'm assuming just getting some connectors on there like my winch cables have.
Crimp on cable lugs, cover with adhesive lined heat shrink, military style terminals.

Reactions: ScottCO
Crimp on cable lugs, cover with adhesive lined heat shrink, military style terminals.

Those military style connectors do look a lot better. Will have to do that once I'm done with all my other stuff.

What do you typically do for a battery hold down? My rubber one from autozone sucks. I assume the stock style with a smaller crossbar would be best.

Stock, always unless that won't work.

Yeah that looked like the best solution. Unfortunately my new Odyssey is about 0.75" smaller than a stock mopar battery on the dimension that matters for the metal crossbar. It wouldn't hold it damn near at all. I think you can get specific battery boxes for Odysseys so I might look for that.

Gots some stuff in the mail today.

@psrivats copy box, complete with the same latch keyed to my ignition. Box came extremely well packaged and seems fairly high quality. Will be able to fit most of my tools and recovery gear in it, and then throw the cooler behind it.

E24C6072-B56C-4D44-B012-EB0DF95712D7.jpeg

I’m stuck between mounting it the @jjvw way of putting nurserts underneath or just tying it to the seat mounts with one bolt on either side.

Design Engineering fuel rail heat shield. It seems like it would be worth it to replace injectors if I’m going through all the trouble to do this. Came with great color photo instructions so that’s pretty nice.
Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 1.18.11 PM.png

Also got 6 NGK spark plugs. Really trying to chase down the weird warm start issue I’ve been having since August. Fires great when cold and when just turned off. It stumbles to start a bit when warm.

Last edited:
Really trying to chase down the weird warm start issue I’ve been having since August. Fires great when cold and when just turned off. It stumbles to start a bit when warm.
Could be your coolant temp sensor misreading and making the mixture incorrect. Just an idea.
and maybe the fuel pressure regulator? I can't remember if its driven off vacuum or not..

Last edited:
Gots some stuff in the mail today.

@psrivats copy box, complete with the same latch keyed to my ignition. Box came extremely well packaged and seems fairly high quality. Will be able to fit most of my tools and recovery gear in it, and then throw the cooler behind it.

View attachment 151126

I’m stuck between mounting it the @jjvw way of putting nurserts underneath or just tying it to the seat mounts with one bolt on either side.

Design Engineering fuel rail heat shield. It seems like it would be worth it to replace injectors if I’m going through all the trouble to do this. Came with great color photo instructions so that’s pretty nice.

View attachment 151127

Also got 6 NGK spark plugs. Really trying to chase down the weird warm start issue I’ve been having since August. Fires great when cold and when just turned off. It stumbles to start a bit when warm.

Glad you like the box. I am very happy with mine.

Reactions: jodomcfrodo
Could be your coolant temp sensor misreading and making the mixture incorrect. Just an idea.

I had the same idea. I actually ordered a Mopar replacement and it’s sitting in the Jeep! Didn’t get around to installing it on Sunday but I’m planning on doing so maybe this weekend. I’m not super confident that’s it, but I think it’s worth a shot considering the sensor is 20 year old factory original.

Reactions: Vasq
Gots some stuff in the mail today

View attachment 151127

Curious to find out if the DE will work for your ‘heat soak’ issue. On extremely hot days, I sometimes have the same problem w my TJ.

Curious to find out if the DE will work for your ‘heat soak’ issue. On extremely hot days, I sometimes have the same problem w my TJ.

I've always had it on hot days with my TJ. I'll be sure to see if it works this summer. My weird starting issue started after doing Holy Cross in Colorado last August and continued into the winter. It is just a tad hard to start when warm, and it misfired for a few seconds once on about a 40 degree day. I'll be interested to see if this fixes the starting issue, but I expect it to fix my hot day starting problems.

Reactions: fourpointzero
Swapped my toolbox lock today. Dead simple. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem you can buy nutserts or a nutsert tool in the entire North Shore Chicago region, so I have an amazon order coming in order to mount it.

58116208-8EBF-4B59-BDA3-8C5DF1754999.jpeg

Swapped my half doors on:

135DC213-5F2F-4B5D-96C6-8773A9A519FA.jpeg

And did some suspension investigation since my Currie 4" springs have arrived. Front uptravel is 3.75" inches with 1" of shock shaft showing that goes unused. Rear is 3.25" of uptravel with 1" of shock shaft showing that goes unused. So assuming I just gain 1" with Currie 4" springs, I should get back to around stockish uptravel by just swapping them in. I think I might be able to get more uptravel since my Jeep was bumped for shocks that were too long originally, so now that I have shorter shocks, it will be interesting to see what is limiting my uptravel.

My rear upper control arms are both set to 14" grease fitting to grease fitting. Not sure how much more I can get out of them, but it appears I can pull the rear lowers in a bit so I shouldn't have too much of a problem. My shocks are already pretty close to the spring perches, so those will be trimmed.

465AD634-B346-4EBD-AB6D-1F133BB44968_1_201_a.jpeg

Sounds like the existing shocks are too short for the existing ride height

Sounds like the existing shocks are too short for the existing ride height

I need to figure out how it is bumped. The bumpstops haven't been changed since 3" springs, 33's, and shocks that were too long were put on in 2016. I then swapped to Savvy specc'd 3" lift shocks (with 3" Savvy springs I already had). I still have my old shocks that were too long, so between the two, I should have shocks that work. I might start by getting the 4" springs in there with the old longer BDS fox's I have, and then go back and adjust the bumps when it gets warmer.

Reactions: jjvw
Got my new Savvy bumper installed today. I didn’t put the winch line on or drill for the steering box skid yet, since the hardcore upgrade is supposed to to get here next week (bumper has to come back off). The Savvy bumper is super light. I’m pretty sure I can feel a difference driving around on corners and when stopping.

AEE76E8E-884C-468B-98A9-48D8BF8388A7.jpeg

I also partially installed my toolbox a few days ago. Unfortunately I hit a tub brace when drilling for the two holes furthest forward. I tried to avoid it but somehow hit it perfectly in the wrong spot. Need to go get a dremel so I can clean up the holes and get the nurserts installed. The back two are in there perfectly. I mounted it on trailer door rubber bumpers.

A95DB350-928C-4EBE-8805-7B382FFF20A4.jpeg

I really like the toolbox so far and having it keyed to my Jeep keys is really convenient.

Where is this?!

The first one is monument ridge in Bondurant, Wyoming.
43.183415, -110.459510

The second is on the Gros Ventre Road near Kelly, Wyoming.
43.604771, -110.422370

I haven't been to either one of those places in almost 4 years, but I was able to almost instantly remember how to find them on google maps. Hard to forget!

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
The first one is monument ridge in Bondurant, Wyoming.
43.183415, -110.459510

The second is on the Gros Ventre Road near Kelly, Wyoming.
43.604771, -110.422370

I haven't been to either one of those places in almost 4 years, but I was able to almost instantly remember how to find them on google maps. Hard to forget!
Amazing. Love the build

Got my new Savvy bumper installed today. I didn’t put the winch line on or drill for the steering box skid yet, since the hardcore upgrade is supposed to to get here next week (bumper has to come back off). The Savvy bumper is super light. I’m pretty sure I can feel a difference driving around on corners and when stopping.

View attachment 154739

I also partially installed my toolbox a few days ago. Unfortunately I hit a tub brace when drilling for the two holes furthest forward. I tried to avoid it but somehow hit it perfectly in the wrong spot. Need to go get a dremel so I can clean up the holes and get the nurserts installed. The back two are in there perfectly. I mounted it on trailer door rubber bumpers.

View attachment 154742

I really like the toolbox so far and having it keyed to my Jeep keys is really convenient.
When did you order your bumper?

When did you order your bumper?

I ordered the bumper and hardcore upgrade on March 30, so it took just over 3 weeks to get here. The hardcore upgrade kit was supposed to come with the bumper but there was a packing mistake. Luckily Savvy got that sorted right out and I had a tracking number within 2 hours of emailing them.

I ordered the bumper and hardcore upgrade on March 30, so it took just over 3 weeks to get here. The hardcore upgrade kit was supposed to come with the bumper but there was a packing mistake. Luckily Savvy got that sorted right out and I had a tracking number within 2 hours of emailing them.
Ok cool, I ordered my bumpers both front and rear on April 2 so hopefully I’ll have a tracking number sometime in the near future 🤞🏼