High oil pressure

i can’t seem to find the switch on the block. I have a 2.5L. Do you know where it could be?
All I know about the 2.5 is it's on the passenger side of the block. Look at a photo of the oil pressure sender and find it on the side of your block, it has an electrical connector connected to it.

My suggestion on the manual gauge was just to hook it up under the hood for a quick visual.

O I know. I was debating if I should do that before buying a part they won’t take back. My engine started making a winding noise. I have a feeling there is a blockage somewhere and the gauge is right. It’s not safe to drive with the noise it’s making and it’s my daily driver. I uploaded 2 videos but I guess they are not showing up.

The sound comes from the back of the engine when you put your ears to it.

The guys that you want to read about your problem have given you their advice… If they thought there was a bigger problem they would have told you so… Oil pressure gauges in the T.J.‘s have been notoriously unreliable… Mine reads anywhere between zero and 80… There would be no relationship between the power steering pump noise and the oil pressure that I know of…

The guys that you want to read about your problem have given you their advice… If they thought there was a bigger problem they would have told you so… Oil pressure gauges in the T.J.‘s have been notoriously unreliable… Mine reads anywhere between zero and 80… There would be no relationship between the power steering pump noise and the oil pressure that I know of…

Ok. Just trying to paint the whole picture through the site. And make sure all info i know is presented so the right advise can be given. I’ll post back the fix results.

2.5l oil pressure sending unit location

215DBB4C-83BB-437A-A271-B594E71919F3.jpeg

Reactions: RAC02
O I know. I was debating if I should do that before buying a part they won’t take back. My engine started making a winding noise. I have a feeling there is a blockage somewhere and the gauge is right. It’s not safe to drive with the noise it’s making and it’s my daily driver. I uploaded 2 videos but I guess they are not showing up.

I keep a manual temperature gauge and thermocouple and a manual pressure gauge in my junk box, have had them for probably 35 + years. They have been used by me and my friends hundreds of times over the years. If my memory serves me correctly they are Stewart Warner brand.

Reactions: RAC02