High Praise For MetalCloak's Duroflex Double Adjustable Control Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I'm a little late to the party but I'll throw my 2 cents in.

I've had my MC control arms something like 10 years now, basically one of the early adopters when MC was the new kid on the block. My Jeep rode like shit before the MC arms and Pro Comp shocks, rode like shit after the MC arms with same Pro Comp shocks. Only issue I've had with the joints was on one of the rear control arms years ago. I had welded one of the axle brackets on a tad crooked, so the joints were always misaligned. That killed the joint pretty quick. Fixed the bracket, replaced the joints, no issues since. If they had been JJs it wouldn't have mattered if the bracket was crooked.

MC front track bar I got for free back in the day to test. Have had to replace the rod end once.

Currently installing MC overline fenders. Not my first choice in looks, but they are decently priced, easy to install, and don't have to fuck around with the under-hood shit. I'd prefer the GenRight fenders, but for how much they cost the don't even include inner fenders, and the inner fenders you do buy are generic, so you have to fuck around with under-hood shit.

The marketing wank is very strong with Metal Cloak, I can see why it's a turn off for many. Looking back, I wish I hadn't gone with MC for suspension stuff, especially since at the time they only had single adjustable arms, which SUCK BALLS. At the moment though everything still works, and there are better ways to spend my money than replacing everything for no real benefit.

You know...I wonder how this would have gone if OP had posted that Currie Control arms (or anything that uses Johnny Joints) were installed and they made the ride magically delicious?
None of us Johnny Joint believers would have bought that either. If you haven't caught on yet, a properly functioning control arm that isn't worn out has nothing to do with ride quality.

Reactions: Chris
You know...I wonder how this would have gone if OP had posted that Currie Control arms (or anything that uses Johnny Joints) were installed and they made the ride magically delicious?

We would have said the exact same thing. The “fanboi” pejorative only works when it’s a Metalcloak post and us “fanbois” chime in. Had it been the other way around there would have been radio silence, you and I both know it.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Sensei
Kinda my point...It would be interesting because the "fanbois" would be seen dogging the very thing that they are fans of!

Agreed. The reasoning is all still the same. If we understand how joints work, what they actually do in a control arm and track bar, and why the details of the design matter, it isn't all that mysterious as to why X is a better choice than Y or Z. And it still has absolutely nothing to do with the ride quality.

Reactions: Mike_H
We would have said the exact same thing. The “fanboi” pejorative only works when it’s a Metalcloak post and us “fanbois” chime in. Had it been the other way around there would have been radio silence, you and I both know it.

Question tho.....

Who keeps bringing up Savvy/Currie products in every MC thread?

Seems like someone will make a MC thread with a question like, "does Duroflex joints glow in the dark?"

And outta the blue, someone will say "buy JJs, cuz they are superior."

That guy is the fanboi.

Question tho.....

Seems like someone will make a MC thread with a question like, "does Duroflex joints glow in the dark?"

That guy is the fanboi.

The guy who comes in and says that with nothing to follow it up is stirring the pot in many cases. If someone responds and says that but follows it up with why said joint is superior, that is IMHO the correct response.

I think the problem is that a lot of people have become tired and weary of having to explain it every time.

That being said, if someone wants to write me up a good explanation of why said joint is better, I’ll make it a resource thread and link to it anytime the discussion comes up.

Question tho.....

That guy is the fanboi.

Metalcloak fenders are ugly.

The sad part to me about all these arguments is 98% of people don’t know how well a jeep can ride. If all your experience is off the shelf shocks or accutune offroad…. You don’t know shit.

Amen to this. If your only experience is off the shelf parts you’re missing out on more than you can possibly imagine in terms of ride quality.

Reactions: Sancho
Status
Not open for further replies.