High Praise For MetalCloak's Duroflex Double Adjustable Control Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Blaine was talking about a fabricated double sheer application, not the one shown. I could be wrong and if so then my response would be different. Thanks

Is yours that?

All I know is that the typical control arm replacements most buy and install fits into the same factory mounts the stock arms used to be in.

And to revisit the MC track bar hypocrisy, their front axle side proprietary bushing is smaller than the factory bonded rubber bushing. And it is entirely different than their control arm bushings. Meaning, less rubber to make their NVH claims off of.

And FWIW, I used to have a front MC track bar before I replaced it with Currie. In part because I got tired of the cheap heim joint wearing out. Even though MC would send me free replacements.

And JJs don't contain any rubber. So, yes. A Metalcloak bushing has more rubber than a Johnny Joint.

Gotcha. I dont know anything bout the MC tb. I just took apart a MC ca years ago for a buddy... and remember it had more rubber/stretchy bendy than my old Rubicon Express ones.

I share the opinion that CAs have little impact on drive comfort.... but do believe OP that his ride is better. Attributed to a new,tighter fit, CA.. not MC.

Reactions: txbemis69
@bobthetj03 how long did your MC joints last and have you switched to something else?

I would be surprised if there was not a noticeable difference in ride quality between stock and MC. The MC joints seem to allow free vertical movement.

Thanks alot @psrivats! I got no dog in this fight anymore. I've already been cock blocked by the guru, so don't need anymore trouble, lol!

And yes, still running em. I have nothing to add to the bullfuckery.

Gotcha, I did not know about Magneride till very recently .. was surprisingly pleased to see that something as complex is already in production cars from the factory.

View attachment 359647

Cadillac has been using Magneride in their escalades for years now. Pretty smooth ride on road.

Thanks alot @psrivats! I got no dog in this fight anymore. I've already been cock blocked by the guru, so don't need anymore trouble, lol!

I've seen some dick moves in my life but tagging someone into this shit show has got to be the lowest of all 🤣

That doesn't really do what I would expect an electronic shock to have going for it. That is basically (if the racer's description of how they use it is accurate) just a remote controlled DSC. I would expect it to be accelerometer based and adjust the damping automatically calculating shaft speed and position.

Its my understanding that the universal kits have accelerometers in the CPU mounted on the fire wall. They are working on integration with obdii to monitor braking, accelerator petal input and steering angle. It all sounds pretty impressive, but I have no hands on experience.

How do they ride now though? How many miles? They holding up okay? I saw your postings from 2019 or so, about when you started using the bushings. So how are they?

I have some high praise for the Duroflex Control Arm, TJ/LJ Double Adjustable Aluminum Short Arms made by MetalCloak. I recently installed them into my jeep due to needing to adjust some driveline and wheelbase measurements. I had concerns about my front driveline bottoming out w/ a combination of the stock driveshaft, 3 inches of lift, and a HP Dana 30 in the front. Also I needed to make a slight adjustment to the pinion angle in the rear. This is the main reason I bought the arms.

But the ride quality these arms have given me is too incredible not to talk about. I am absolutely blown away by how little shock gets put into the cabin from bumps, potholes or ruts now. Some potholes that used to shake my teeth; I don't even feel anymore. The jeep just absorbs it as if I drove over a tiny twig. And I know my factory arm bushings were in good condition because I replaced them all due to being blown a couple years back. The flex is also a ridiculous upgrade. Such an upgrade in-fact, that I can no longer jack my jeep from the pumpkin; the flex is just that crazy.

Pictures and videos to follow, as well as a pre and post tests with my seismograph. I truly can't recommend these arms enough.

i also have the metalcloak control arms except mine are the single adjustable steel ones. i really like my metalcloak 3.5” lift.

Reactions: Akitadog and Sensei
How do they ride now though? How many miles? They holding up okay? I saw your postings from 2019 or so, about when you started using the bushings. So how are they?

I really don't know anymore. 45K-55K maybe. Suspension wise, the jeep rides the same. I service the arms once a year. Clean them, grease them and repeat, but I'm not rock humping the jeep every fucking weekend, so mileage will surely vary.

Reactions: Sensei
I really don't know anymore. 45K-55K maybe. Suspension wise, the jeep rides the same. I service the arms once a year. Clean them, grease them and repeat, but I'm not rock humping the jeep every fucking weekend, so mileage will surely vary.

Appreciate your response

Reactions: DaveC
Upgrading my zone 3 inch shocks (that we're 10 years old and blown) to the Ranchos RS5000x's didn't give me nearly as much improvement as these control arms did. Alot of people forget that the control arms are just as important to the ride characteristics of your suspension as the shocks and springs. Once again i'm being completely serious. Here's some attachments of the arms on my vehicle.
View attachment 359487

View attachment 359485

View attachment 359486 View attachment 359484
We do love joints that can last here and that joint is a Jhonny joint.
Metcalcloak is not liked because they make certain claims about their products leading the customer to believe they have a product that is better.
From their page.
“The MetalCloak's Game-Changing Duroflex™ Jointsprovide the industry's best ride quality. Period.”

Uhhh yea no. It’s not game changing. It’s not the best ride quality. Period.

We don’t like companies that spew out bullshit to their customers.

so you’re damning metalcloak yet your profile says you’re running metalcloak rock sport shocks? LMFAO!

Reactions: Sensei
I will say this…trolling or not, if you’re enjoying your new control arms, that’s all that really matters. I have no personal experience with Metalcloak other than what I’ve heard.

could you rename this forum the savvy/currie tj forum? there sure are a lot of hater’s here if you don’t see things they’re way. i have a full metalcloak 3.5” suspension and i really like it so far. durability? we shall see. if my metalcloak control arm bushings crap out they can be replaced. aren’t johnny joints rebuildable? replace or rebuild, to each their own.

I hope no one finds out about my rough country motor mount lift.

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: jjvw
Status
Not open for further replies.