Higher horses, higher revs & even higher torque, a streetable LJ engine swap

I bought this during the Pandemic when I built a solar generator, its big a bulky but the crimps are beautiful.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HJYVFSG/?tag=wranglerorg-20
IMG_8565.jpg

IMG_8566.jpg

I started in on getting the shifters in place.

First I got the Atlas shifter fully mocked up and shifting smoothly. I used Advance Adapters shift linkages for a 03-06 TJ (303002U).

View attachment 311726

Next I wanted to test the Winters/Art Carr shifter with the 6L80 to make sure everything is going to work.

Here's the parts I used:
  • Winters shifter 4L80E (187-1-9112-4013-1).
  • Radesigns tap shifter kit for the Winters shifter and 6L80E (Control Kit, Cable bracket, and Resistor Harness) (I don't see this on their website anymore).

View attachment 311727

Here's the 6L80E transmission side bracket from Radesigns:

View attachment 311728

Do you have a pic of how you routed the trans shifter cable up into the cab tunnel? Specifically curious about turning up in front of or behind the transfer case.

You gonna work on this again over the winter?

That's the plan. You probably already know, but I quit my job earlier this year and am majorly figuring out life now which has caused some delays on this. So I'm kind of in the middle of that as a priority but starting this week I'm going to be taking time each day to work on my Jeep.

That's the plan. You probably already know, but I quit my job earlier this year and am majorly figuring out life now which has caused some delays on this. So I'm kind of in the middle of that as a priority but starting this week I'm going to be taking time each day to work on my Jeep.

Great to hear from you, Tox. I hope all is well.