Hinge bolt advice needed

Dunkut88TJ

Living the Dream
Supporting Member
I know the typical “broken bolt” sort of post, but hoping to avoid that! I need to remove these hinges to work on the doors. They have never been touched and are the awesome torx bolts. Best way to get these jarred loose without striping them to hell??? I put some muscle in it and can feel them ready to strip if forced. Is and impact wrench too much?

6E4BAC1E-BF55-48C8-A5E5-6165DA284338.png

All I ever use is a little heat (you have to be careful) and a good torx bit on a ratchet. If you live in a rust prone area you will need to be more aggressive

I was using the a good bit and ratchet, I don’t have any best source to utilize currently.
if the bit/ratchet combo wont work then I recommend a tool that's name escapes my memory..it comes with a few bits and you hit the end with a hammer which in turn rotates counter clockwise to help shock it loose.

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
if the bit/ratchet combo wont work then I recommend a tool that's name escapes my memory..it comes with a few bits and you hit the end with a hammer which in turn rotates counter clockwise to help shock it loose.
I know what you speak of, but also can’t remember the name 😂