Receiver hitch ideas for stock bumper

TJim

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Hey!

I would like your help about a hitch receiver.

I have a stock rear bumper that I do not want to replace. What do you guys have?

Bought mine on Ebay, under $100 shipped. Rated for up to 400 lbs. It bolts into the frame of the Jeep. Then I cut the cheezy receiver out of the bumper & reinstalled the bumper over the top of the receiver. Worked out great & doesn't effect my departure angle at all.

IMG_20190904_192553934.jpg

I have aftermarket hitches on my TJ (Hidden Hitch) and LJ (Draw-Tite). Both have a stock rear bumper. I bought used off of Kijiji for about $75 CDN ea. and they were pretty easy to install.

Last edited:
Hidden Hitch on mine from the PO. I suspect it had something to do with the bad clutch. I don't need it (I have a truck) and would gladly give it to you if you lived a bit closer :)

Hidden Hitch on mine from the PO. I suspect it had something to do with the bad clutch. I don't need it (I have a truck) and would gladly give it to you if you lived a bit closer :)
haha, thanks but as you can see I not only dont live close, but I live in a different continent!
:p

Thats my main problem too, shipping costs are way too expensive, so I search products only from Europe.