Hiya

Cheesy

TJ Enthusiast
Cheesy, aka Mike here from NE IL. I have an 05 LJ I bought in 2010 with 53K on it, up to 103K now. Black w/gray hardtop, 30.9 tires, 6 speed, no lift, front and rear receiver hitches. The stock exhaust finally gave up the ghost this summer and I installed a MBRP system. A bit louder and a minuscule improvement in mileage. Getting rusty.

About me, teenager in an AARP body. Married 45 years next month to my high school sweetie. Railroad maintenance equipment mechanic who is close to retirement, four grandkids, travel for work so would rather camp when on the rare vacation, one forty year old Honda, one Russian 2wd sidecar rig, two French mopeds, and more bicycles than anyone needs.(so I’m told) Everything in the driveway, save for the company car, is 4wd.

I found this place while troubleshooting a turn signal problem. Did a forum search and found my answer. I guess I will hang around a while.

If you insist.
35230331720_2e5e3a29f9_z.jpg

35253820580_9207e5312e_z.jpg

A wet camping trip to Superior National Forest in da UP a couple years ago.

Reactions: Chris
One more. Mine and my neighbors 85 CJ having a stare down. Sadly, the CJ was destroyed in a garage fire last year. Neighbor was lucky he survived.
19333180626_c2b5b1c001_z.jpg

Welcome to the forum and nice LJ!

I'm glad you found the forum too. I think if you stick around a while you'll find that this forum has some of the nicest bunch of people you'll ever meet (y)

Cheesy, aka Mike here from NE IL. I have an 05 LJ I bought in 2010 with 53K on it, up to 103K now. Black w/gray hardtop, 30.9 tires, 6 speed, no lift, front and rear receiver hitches. The stock exhaust finally gave up the ghost this summer and I installed a MBRP system. A bit louder and a minuscule improvement in mileage. Getting rusty.

About me, teenager in an AARP body. Married 45 years next month to my high school sweetie. Railroad maintenance equipment mechanic who is close to retirement, four grandkids, travel for work so would rather camp when on the rare vacation, one forty year old Honda, one Russian 2wd sidecar rig, two French mopeds, and more bicycles than anyone needs.(so I’m told) Everything in the driveway, save for the company car, is 4wd.
Looks like you have quite the collection there... welcome to the forum. I had a neighbour who own one of those Russian 2 wheel drive motorbike and sidecars ….awesome machines

Thanks all. I’m finding this forum pretty informative. I’ve spent a bit of time on the How-To pages and going, “Ahh”. Messing with the MFS at the moment. The aftermarket replacement crapped out a week after I chucked the old one, which, apparently I could have fixed. Bit the bullet and bought OEM. Will be doing the rear control arms once things dry out around here and I’m not on a plane heading somewhere I’d rather not be.

As to my ‘collection’, I don’t know how I forgot about this. 1948 DeSoto Custom coupe.
38556993782_d11bd5cb8a.jpg

And, Kiwi TJ, the Russian sidecar rig is more fun than you are legally allowed to have. The 2wd allows you get stuck in a more memorable fashion.
31862222947_2551cdf952.jpg

Thanks all. I’m finding this forum pretty informative. I’ve spent a bit of time on the How-To pages and going, “Ahh”. Messing with the MFS at the moment. The aftermarket replacement crapped out a week after I chucked the old one, which, apparently I could have fixed. Bit the bullet and bought OEM. Will be doing the rear control arms once things dry out around here and I’m not on a plane heading somewhere I’d rather not be.

As to my ‘collection’, I don’t know how I forgot about this. 1948 DeSoto Custom coupe.
View attachment 118094

And, Kiwi TJ, the Russian sidecar rig is more fun than you are legally allowed to have. The 2wd allows you get stuck in a more memorable fashion.
View attachment 118095
Oh that Dodge is sweeeeet !!