Hole in Fuel Filler Line

cash

Supporting Member
I found these two little pinholes in the fuel filler hose (green) after noticing that a little gas runs down the fuel tank when filling up.

I started trying to replace the hose (it is like a 2" S-shaped hose), but there is just no room to get this back clamp off (yellow). I got the top one off, but the fuel filler hose was really stuck on the filler assembly and would not come loose.

Is there any way to seal or fill these holes? Or am I going to have to drop the fuel tank to have better access and replace the fuel filler line? For me, it seems like somewhat of a complicated job. But I do currently have a 3 ton floor jack that I am borrowing to work on the drum brakes next weekend.

Any ideas?

IMG_0021.jpg

Couldn't you get a 1/4 inch ratchet in there? Spray with PB blaster first.
If you didn't remove the screws arround the filler cap, you should, both sets by the body and by the cap. That will give you easy access to the top connection.
Don

Yeah, I would have thought so... in the picture it looks like more room than there is. It is really tight in there. Also, even if the clamp is off, I am not sure the hose will come loose. The top one really wouldn't budge, even with the clamp off.