Colorado Holy Cross Aug 31 2019

tworley

Ignored :(
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
A member is swinging thru town and a couple CO folks want to run Holy Cross with him.

Meet @ Safeway in Leadville 1900 N Poplar St, Leadville, CO 80461
8:30 am leave by 9am.

Trail damage and trails offroad rates this 7-9 out of 10. 35s, armor, lockers, winch. Expect some level of body damage. Prepare for a long day as well (food, water, tools, sense of humor).

This trail can be busy on weekends, hence the earlier start time. Nothing worse than getting caught behind a large group who holds you up.

I'd like to keep this to a somewhat smaller crew, between 6-8 rigs (if we have more interest that is absolutely fine and we can adjust). Again, for time sake. This is a 4 mile trail but will take between 5-7 hours to complete plus a lunch break.

A few of us have ran this before but I am hoping to get a seasoned veteran to join us from another forum, though we could easily handle it without him. For anyone new, its important you listen to your spotters. We'll get you thru, but please listen to them.

Anyone coming from the Denver area can meet us at the kum & go located at 18465 W Colfax Ave, Golden, CO 80401 at 6:30 am, leave by 7am. From there we can hop right on I70. Its roughly 1.5 hours (maybe a little more) to Leadville. That would put us there right at 8:30.

So with all that...who's in?

Afterwards if we are not to battered and bruised we could take the scenic route back via Mosquito Pass. Any rig with 4x4 could handle this one.

...if my rear bumper arrives! I can't be too crippled.

Is this the shake down run for the outboard? :)

...if my rear bumper arrives! I can't be too crippled.

Is this the shake down run for the outboard? :)

Its going to be awfully close. I would like it to be, but just not sure if we could get it done soon enough. Right now we are looking at the 24th and 25th. We also have a movie night planned in our community the night of the 24th, which as a board member I should probably be there for it. But of course that takes away from wrenching time.

Whens the rear bumper supposed to arrive? I thought you ordered that a couple weeks ago?

It was on backorder when I bought it. I got a cryptic email about a week ago suggesting that it was in production. There is still time. I just need a day to paint and bolt it on. :)

Reactions: tworley
I better hope my new armor gets here before this... Going to be good to get back to real wheeling after a good hiatus.

I'm also going to get some funny looks carrying my full doors through the lobby of my hotel and into the elevator I bet :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: rasband
What armor are you waiting on?

Rockers, gas tank, oil pan, and steering skid would be high on the list IMO.

What armor are you waiting on?

Rockers, gas tank, oil pan, and steering skid would be high on the list IMO.

Savvy surfboard, Savvy steering box skid, and mini-skids. Hopefully they ship out soon. I have a teraflex oil pan skid right now but I don't really like how it mounts.

The savvy surfboard has been on my wishlist since 2016. I need to bite the bullet and get it.

The savvy surfboard has been on my wishlist since 2016. I need to bite the bullet and get it.

I should have just bought it with the UA. But I guess now I get to have the fun installing it instead of my shop. I was a little surprised that my UA didn't come with holes in the skid pre-drilled for it though. Guess it depends on the Jeep a little.

I have the RG&A front shafts sitting on my work bench since April. Since I am still running a stock shaft on the driver side now is a good time to install them!

Reactions: jjvw
I can’t commit 100% yet, but think I could make this if you have room for one more. I’ve run the trail tons of times already, it’s one of my favorites.

Last edited:
So I will be out of town that weekend, so please remove me from the head count. There’s a super pretty lake up top (Cleveland Lake) that most people know about. There is also an crazy pretty lake about a 1/4 mile walk from French Creek. Good fishing too. Anyway, have fun, I hope to make the next one.