Holy Cross Colorado 2020

Did you guys have a big group, or run into a lot of folks at french creek? Looks like a good time either way, just busy!

Once I figure out what's up with my LJR I plan to join. I was bummed to miss it.

There were about 15 rigs out ahead of us. Plus we had a large group (10 or 11 I believe). There was also a couple of large groups behind us. Everyone picked Holy Cross that day!

Everyone broke on Holy Cross, too!
(more than we are used to seeing)

Thank God none in our group.

We came across:
1. Toyota with both front CV axles broken
2. JK with two broken front U joints
3. Hydro assist equipped JL with a bent (forward) tie rod
4. A rolled/flopped ATV that landed on the passenger's arm (most likely fractured)
5. TJ with a broken Dana 35
6. a CRAP ton of bruised egos

I left my air coupler cap on the bumper, its gone 😑

That’s why I did a cheap wire solution, I knew I would do that at some point.

image.jpg

I yanked that from some leftover cable.

Edit: though I guess that doesn’t matter since my POS hasn’t left the garage over the weekend.

Reactions: tworley
I had been meaning to attach it somehow, just never got around to it:rolleyes: My fault. If anyone wants to travel back to where I aired up you might find a free cap!

I also remember coming down hard on my bumper a few times. The force actually caused it to come into contact with the bolt for my tire carrier hinge.

20200720_070853.jpg

Reactions: hosejockey61
Looks like it didn’t manage any rain for you guys. Early afternoon the sky’s were darkening a tad as well as early evening. Looks like you guys managed good weather. I had a few drops in Leadville but hot and sunny otherwise.
There’s no way I’d manage that trail. Looked like a good time though.