Homebrew Tube Doors (Another Low Dough Build)

I'm glad the hinges worked out for you. I thought they would, and I ran them on mine with the Jeep bushings, with no slack or rattles. You're welcome!!

Thanks again. I was going to set up the redneck lathe on them if they didn't work. It wasn't necessary though.

Redneck lathe - Set up the drill clamped in the vise, cut the ears off the hinges, Chuck the back end of the hinge on the drill and then turn the drill on while holding emery cloth or a bastard file on the pin until it fits in the bushings.

Bofa, nice job on your doors. I cut the trunk off of a 1969 Plymouth Fury right behind the rear doors to build a ‘truck’ bed to carry my 185 honda 3 wheeler deer hunting. One evening I got pulled for a tail light, the officer asked me what it was, i told him a 4 door Fury, still had all 4 doors. Had a guy tell me it was something out of Mad Max. It worked.

Bofa, nice job on your doors. I cut the trunk off of a 1969 Plymouth Fury right behind the rear doors to build a ‘truck’ bed to carry my 185 honda 3 wheeler deer hunting. One evening I got pulled for a tail light, the officer asked me what it was, i told him a 4 door Fury, still had all 4 doors. Had a guy tell me it was something out of Mad Max. It worked.

Dude, I would love to see that (especially the honda 185.) You were probably too busy loving life to take any pics?

I’d have to look for a real photo not these imaginary pixels things.

I know, I rebuilt an iroc z back to stock (with a slightly hopped up engine 😁) and I realized when I sold it that I didn't have one pic of it. My mom apparently had taken an old school film photo of it and it's the only one I have.