Homemade low profile trans mount

derekmac

TJ Addict
I came across a thread where a guy made his own low profile trans mount, but didn't say what year or trans he had. I tried posting there to see what years you could do this to, but no response. Just wondering if anyone here might know. I'd like to do it to my 05 6spd.

https://goo.gl/KEa1kv

Reactions: Tj04
Here is said mod (wish they had used better photos):

Jeep Mod Pic 1.jpg Jeep Mod Pic 2.jpg Jeep Mod Pic 3.jpg Jeep Mod Pic 4.jpg Jeep Mod Pic 5.jpg Jeep Mod Pic 6.jpg Jeep Mod Pic 7.jpg Jeep Mod Pic 8.jpg Jeep Mod Pic 9.jpg

Reactions: derekmac
If you are installing a low profile skid plate, you usually need a body lift so the transfer case won't hit the tub. A low profile trans mount lowers the transmission/transfer case, so you don't need a BL.

Another reason would be if you installed a lift and are getting driveline vibs. Instead of dropping the skid plate with spacers, the mount will lower it enough to get rid of the vibs.

So I've been thinking about this again, but haven't had the time to drop my skid and remove the mounts to see if it's possible.

Does anyone know if the mounts from the 97-02 are the same as the 03-06? I don't recall reading what year his was.

So I've been thinking about this again, but haven't had the time to drop my skid and remove the mounts to see if it's possible.

Does anyone know if the mounts from the 97-02 are the same as the 03-06? I don't recall reading what year his was.
Yes, I know, they are not any where near the same.