Hood hardware

InOmaha

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
I need to replace hood to fender grommets (which I've found) and I'm missing one grommet under the hood to grill. I'd like to find 2 new but I don't know what to search for as a name. I keep finding the big ones on top.

I found some scrap rubber pieces to use as wedges in the mean time. It may be the source of my mouse squeak. That or the antenna cable riding in the plastic clip.

Or I'm replacing everything on the right front of my suspension. 🤪

Last edited:
Hood bumper, that's the one. Funny they call one a bumper and one a grommet. I'm missing a bumper on the driver's side which allows some up and down play in hood by the light. The hood to fender grommet on the passenger side has a groove worn in it. The one on the driver's side looks new. So I think they were trying to fix a hood flapping at speed issue, but didn't quite get all the parts. I replaced the hood latches because they were sun baked and worn.

I'll check the shift lever. I pulled it into 4hi with no change. It may also be something to do with the front drive shaft. Today was the first time it would chirp more than once over a bump and it may have made the same noise a couple times when I decelerated. If the noise gets more consistent instead of only happening when I hit larger bumps, I'll know it has something to do with a joint somewhere.