Hood Latch Set

If the plastic parts of your latches are still in good shape, I'd recommend going with the Daystar Hood Wranglers: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004IARSEY/?tag=wranglerorg-20

These are much more dense than the stock rubber, which eliminates almost any chance of hood flutter. I've had good luck with my set for almost two years now and they are a much cheaper alternative to replacing the entire latch.

Reactions: tworley and JMT
If the plastic parts of your latches are still in good shape, I'd recommend going with the Daystar Hood Wranglers: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004IARSEY/?tag=wranglerorg-20

These are much more dense than the stock rubber, which eliminates almost any chance of hood flutter. I've had good luck with my set for almost two years now and they are a much cheaper alternative to replacing the entire latch.
Thanks, my latches are looking pretty bad, I've just started noticing it more and more. The Crown replacements are only $12 for the whole latch, which is pretty cheap.

Thanks, my latches are looking pretty bad, I've just started noticing it more and more. The Crown replacements are only $12 for the whole latch, which is pretty cheap.
I see. The previous owner of my previous TJ put on some chrome plated latches, which didn't look good because there wasn't another bit of chrome on the Jeep. I bought the Crown replacements and swapped out the rubber for the Daystars.

Do you like them. Please give us your thoughts.

I guess I like them, they are just hood latches. I replaced a broken OEM set with those. They do what hood latches are supposed to do well, they keep the hood down and it doesn’t flutter at high speeds. It’s a benefit to know that I should never have to replace a set again, but I also don’t know if the OEM rubber kind were designed to be able to move a bit.

Reactions: Boinked
I came out of a store and a red JK is parked next to me and we start talking (about his JK) and he shows me his aftermarket hood latches that lock and unlock with a key.

The latches looked pretty slick I thought.

It's been awhile back when i was a nooB jeeper and I'm sure.he told.me.what kind but I dont remember.
I just remember telling myself I should get a pair some day.

I had the daystars and they took away my hood flutter. I had them on for 3 years before they were removed and they were still tight as could be.