Hood louvers other than the ones that every Jeep seems to have: What's out there?

Rescue6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Just like the title says. What type louvers have you seen used other than the Poison Spyder panel style that it seems all the manufacturers make with there logo cut into or laser engraved on. I have a GenRight louvered panel on my current hood and it actually held up great to baseball size hail and I could reuse it. But I’m replacing the hood, cowl and windshield frame. I’ve got the parts but want to see if there is anything out there that looks different than every other TJ I see out on the trails these days. I like the American rock rods flame version. At least it’s a little different. But I thought someone might have seen a better modified set of louvers or factory vents put in. Let’s see what you’ve got please. Looking for ideas before paint.

80AC7B41-B4E3-4A68-A567-C0D66AF18874.png

Just like the title says. What type louvers have you seen used other than the Poison Spyder panel style that it seems all the manufacturers make with there logo cut into or laser engraved on. I have a GenRight louvered panel on my current hood and it actually held up great to baseball size hail and I could reuse it. But I’m replacing the hood, cowl and windshield frame. I’ve got the parts but want to see if there is anything out there that looks different than every other TJ I see out on the trails these days. I like the American rock rods flame version. At least it’s a little different. But I thought someone might have seen a better modified set of louvers or factory vents put in. Let’s see what you’ve got please. Looking for ideas before paint.

View attachment 73530
tried getting these for my YJ...was told they don't make 'em any more

when it came time to do louvers on my TJ I went with Genrights

newbie questions... does the vented hood louvers help vent / dissipate heat and does rain / water get in through them?
thanks!

newbie questions... does the vented hood louvers help vent / dissipate heat and does rain / water get in through them?
thanks!
The answer to both questions is yes. They vent heat after you shut off your engine and allow hot air from the manifolds and cats to vent instead of baking your oil cap. The value of this can be debated for longer than you can imagine. Rain gets in, where it goes and what it does depends on where you put the vents, the type of vent and the condition of your Jeep. In Socal is this really a question, you're talking about washing your Jeep right? This is also the subject of a fun debate.

They will change the airflow when you are driving your Jeep, nobody really knows how. They wont change your engines operating temperature.

Do them if you like how they look.

A friend put 1980's Chrysler Turbo Lebaron/Laser/Daytona/Omni/New Yorker louvers on his old Cherokee. Junkyard find. Will work on a TJ as well, if you can find them.