Hose Barb Fitting Help

Paparock1

Angry SE
Supporting Member
I bought a B&M super cooler kit and it came with a couple different sizes of hose barb fittings. Only one fits my aluminum radiator but I need two. The fitting that fits is not a NPT. It is a 20 thread pitch 3/8 barb and I am assuming a 1/4 inch fitting. I cannot find anything with a thread pitch of 20. Can someone point me in a right direction please?

I bought a B&M super cooler kit and it came with a couple different sizes of hose barb fittings. Only one fits my aluminum radiator but I need two. The fitting that fits is not a NPT. It is a 20 thread pitch 3/8 barb and I am assuming a 1/4 inch fitting. I cannot find anything with a thread pitch of 20. Can someone point me in a right direction please?

Possibly a -5 SAE Inverted Flare which has a fitting size of 5/16 and a thread pitch of 1/2-20 with a .50 diameter.
What is the major diameter of fitting? Male or Female? A picture would help.
You might just give Holley/B&M a call at 1-866-464-6553 and they should be able to give you the proper fitting size.

Reactions: Paparock1
Thank you, Yes you are right I should have given more detail and yes pics always help. Sometimes you just get frustrated searching and end up assuming everyone knows what you are talking about LOL. Thank you for the lead, what you described is pointing me in the right direction. Thank you!

Reactions: flyinfish
Thank you, Yes you are right I should have given more detail and yes pics always help. Sometimes you just get frustrated searching and end up assuming everyone knows what you are talking about LOL. Thank you for the lead, what you described is pointing me in the right direction. Thank you!

You bet!