Hosed down engine how I have my CEL on dash...

dylansalrin

Orthopedic Circulator
Supporting Member
Check engine light came on just now, code P0344. I looked it up having something to do with the camshaft position sensor, or a weak starter. My battery is fine. I read that it could be because it got wet, I did hose down the jeep earlier this morning, but that was hours ago and it has dried sense. If it was because of the hose down, what should I do about it

Reactions: Chris S
It's happened to me before as well, right after I cleaned the engine. For me, I drove the Jeep around for a while and let it completely dry. Then I reset the check engine light and it simply never came back.

Reactions: dylansalrin
It's happened to me before as well, right after I cleaned the engine. For me, I drove the Jeep around for a while and let it completely dry. Then I reset the check engine light and it simply never came back.

Ok I'll check tomorrow and see if it's still there. Thank you!

No problem! I'm pretty certain it will go away if you reset it with a code reader. It's happened to me more than once, always after I hosed down the engine. Try resetting the battery as well by unplugging it.

I let it dry, and it went away like you said. It's been two days since and it just came back while I was driving. It is not wet I just checked. Should I replace the whole sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I let it dry, and it went away like you said. It's been two days since and it just came back while I was driving. It is not wet I just checked. Should I replace the whole sensor?

Check the wire for any bare spots. I had mine start acting up after a river crossing where the water got up to the sensor. There was a bare spot and it started acting up when the water hit it. It dried and work fine for a few days and then started randomly acting up. That's when I checked the wire and found the bare spot. Did have to replace sensor but did relocate how the wires were running to keep them clear of contact with anything.

Can I drive on the sensor being bad? I have an off road trip planned this weekend and I don't know if the part will get here in time

Can I drive on the sensor being bad? I have an off road trip planned this weekend and I don't know if the part will get here in time

You will be stuck if it completely goes. You can pick one up at a local store for cheap. Takes 5 minutes to replace.

Always order OEM mopar sensors cuz aftermarket sensors are a hit or miss.

I would run with the current sensor and pick up a parts store sensor as a spare, just in case, till your OEM sensor arrives. Then you can return the parts store sensor.

Always order OEM mopar sensors cuz aftermarket sensors are a hit or miss.

I would run with the current sensor and pick up a parts store sensor as a spare, just in case, till your OEM sensor arrives. Then you can return the parts store sensor.
X2 Better to have cheap spare on the trail if she goes out than one sitting in a box on your front steps because it got delivered the day after you left out.

Just so we are clear. Do I need to buy the sensor screwed into my opda or the second one (picture below is numbered)
fd5995220b65e8156131fe4dee881966.jpg

Isn't #2 just the pigtail connector that the cam sensor plugs in to? Isn't the crank sensor on the side of the bell housing?

OK I picked up a spare. It has a lifetime warranty but we all know how that goes LOL. I took the Mopar sensor out and put it back in after cleaning it off of my shirt. It seems to work now I'll see if the light comes back on