Host F550 4X4 Motorhome Quad Slide 330

AZ & other warmer southern states once the Jeep is finished. It'd be fun to be in FL and spend a Christmas with my grandkids.

well, freak'n forget Az, we're in Rio Rico, near Nogales, and it's fucking snowing, Im so pissed I can barely type 🤬 🤬 🤬
edit, we are at about 4500' above sea level, but still, WTF??

well, freak'n forget Az, we're in Rio Rico, near Nogales, and it's fucking snowing, Im so pissed I can barely type 🤬 🤬 🤬
edit, we are at about 4500' above sea level, but still, WTF??

Global warming don't you know!!!

Meanwhile up here in central Idaho we're seeing warmer than normal temps with temperature inversions and less than normal precipitation for this time of year.... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jmac00
Now we are in KOFA ( King of Arizona ) Wildlife Refuge for two weeks of offgrid, dry camping ( some call it 'dispersed' camping or Boondocking )
We have 70 gallons of fresh water, 70% propane, empty gray and black water tanks ( which is no big deal as we have a composting toilet ) with 1500 watts of solar, and 606 Ah of LeFePos4 batteries, and we have a Starlink satellite dish ( dishy). We will be here for a two week trial run to see how this works out. The temps should be in the 60's during the day, and 40's at night. At least its not 80° + out, YET!!! Their are a few other campers around, so we're not totally alone, and there are plenty of s x s running around if I get myself in trouble

KOFA.jpg

Sounds like your new snow blower might get a workout!!

If it dumps close to what they're predicting then yes. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow. I've got a doctors appointment in Yakima tomorrow afternoon too.

Might have to see what the weather is doing and then decide if I want to swing past Harbor Freight.

so sorry to hear that. It was 75° here today. 72 tomorrow, thursday we are supposed to get 30-40mph winds, gust to 60mph. if it gets that bad, we may pull the slides in for awhile.

But, being from western NY, 10" to 20" is barely noticable, LOL

Enjoy that nice weather.

Yes in some parts of the country 10-20" of snow is just a light dusting & there was a point in my life where I wanted it to drop that much or more snow each and every day if it would. But I'm past that point in life and would rather deal with mild weather and if I want to enjoy the white stuff I can drive to it & visit.
Heck I'd even be OK with a rare snowfall now & then & it could stay for a day or three but most times it would just be nice.

Reactions: reddvltj
Enjoy that nice weather.

Yes in some parts of the country 10-20" of snow is just a light dusting & there was a point in my life where I wanted it to drop that much or more snow each and every day if it would. But I'm past that point in life and would rather deal with mild weather and if I want to enjoy the white stuff I can drive to it & visit.
Heck I'd even be OK with a rare snowfall now & then & it could stay for a day or three but most times it would just be nice.

Arizona is the place for you. If you can afford Phoenix, from Phoenix, you can drive in any direction and have a completely different season, except in June-july-and august, its just freak'n hot, everywhere, LOL

Now just so we can all watch @Zorba head implode I decided I would upgrade my dash to a 12.1" android radio....

20230227_154221.jpg

20230227_154239.jpg

This is what it'll look like installed.

70be0cdd-7a9b-4bcc-98ae-71ee7ccfdc29.jpg

This is the radio.

https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/pr...d-f-250-2008-2016?_pos=1&_sid=d1885bf88&_ss=r

I of course went with the 8 G Ram & 128 G ROM & got the wifi scanner to connect the OBD readout to the radio with a set of gauges.

Now if the weather would just warm up so I can spend a little time working on the motorhome too. I've got a list of things I want to get done to it prior to doing any traveling with it.

Now just so we can all watch @Zorba head implode I decided I would upgrade my dash to a 12.1" android radio....

View attachment 403618

View attachment 403619

View attachment 403625

This is the radio.

https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/pr...d-f-250-2008-2016?_pos=1&_sid=d1885bf88&_ss=r

I of course went with the 8 G Ram & 128 G ROM & got the wifi scanner to connect the OBD readout to the radio with a set of gauges.

Now if the weather would just warm up so I can spend a little time working on the motorhome too. I've got a list of things I want to get done to it prior to doing any traveling with it.
nuke-it.jpg

View attachment 403618

View attachment 403619

View attachment 403625

This is the radio.

damn that looks cool, nice job

View attachment 403618

View attachment 403619

View attachment 403625

This is the radio.

That’s pretty cool.

Reactions: Wildman
It'll be interesting to get it installed and see what it's like. I had already planned on replacing the stock stereo with something like the Alpine I had but this is a lot bigger screen for my old eyes to see better.

Yeah, I looked at that and my first thought was “That will fit into my big Ford!”

Edit: and yes, I just blocked ‘ole Zorb just so he would not see this post…

Last edited:
Yeah, I looked at that and my first thought was “That will fit into my big Ford!”

Edit: and yes, I just blocked ‘ole Zorb just so he would not see this post…

I forget what year is your Ford? Do we see one of these in your future?

Zorba's head will really implode if a few of us install these on our tow rigs.